xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Desmume Open-source Nintendo Ds Emulator  (Read 827 times)

Darkangel754

• Archived User
Desmume Open-source Nintendo Ds Emulator
« on: June 23, 2010, 07:53:00 AM »

Any possibility of this ever being ported to the Xbox?

Source code can be downloaded from here

There is already a port of this emulator on the Nintendo Wii and progress seems to be going smoothly. One of the authors said in a youtube comment that they have gotten the emulator to reach playable speeds on their latest SVN.

The xbox has pretty much the same specs as the Wii so I'm guessing it could run the emu just as well. The touch screen isn't that big an issue, lots of games don't even use it. You could set up an analog stick to control a stylus pointer and click it in to press down on the screen.

Link to the Wii version if anyone's interested

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »

I wouldn't even look at the Wii version except for features that may have been added. The official source repository contains an Xbox folder which contains source for Xbox 360. That is where I would start: http://desmume.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/...smume/src/xbox/

This post has been edited by Hyper_Eye: Jun 23 2010, 06:59 PM

GTTeancum

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 08:31:00 AM »

The harsh reality is that it would be years before the source code is remotely fast enough to run this.  If you look at videos of Wii emulation it's running about 5-10 FPS.  The Wii is fairly on-par with the Xbox as far as raw power goes, but all of the technology inside it is newer and utilizes more advances.  Unless things can run at 30fps on the Wii the chance of getting an Xbox port are slim to nil.