xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: ---== CoinOPS Gold ==---  (Read 1349 times)

lawdawg0931

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 10:46:00 AM »

@BP
Glad to see this hasn't been abandoned (I know participation in the database slowed). All games that I played work fine & I added that to database. Anything I can do to help - let me know. Will look into the list to see which games still have no reports & try to get on them.  smile.gif Looking forward to GOLD!

xRaVeNx

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 05:29:00 PM »

So, after this comes out...I should pretty get rid of MAMEoX128 Plus, huh?

Is everyone else doing this? Does this also play Neo Geo Games? So, I can also get rid of FBA XXX Pro?

Is this close to being a final? I thought the Mame code wasn't public, how are you doing upgrades...

xyteam

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 06:23:00 AM »

if you want to get rid of mameox 128plus then thst is up to yourself.the mame code has been available for the public for years.
you should keep fbaxxx as its a good emulator,having coinops and fba in your hd is definetly the way to go.
or do what i do and have coinops,fbaxxx and mame 128 and get the advantages of having all these emus in your hdd.
edit to add/yes this has neogeo games,all of them it has done for a very long time.

This post has been edited by xyteam: Sep 29 2008, 01:25 PM

ressurectionx

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 09:59:00 AM »

Hey BP,

Maybe I'll take a break from my work and look at your spreadsheet this weekend.  Is it cool if I test with your first version of coinOPS (It's the only one I have).  If not, I should get the newest version available that will work with your testing.   cool.gif

Love to see that you're still working on it, and excited about the prospect of you and NES working together on video previews.  Just talk to me about the previews and I can hook you up....

Later,
~Rx

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »

CoinOPS is OK I guess there are alot of changes in CoinOPS+ I will be posting a Beta soon for some people and if you plan on spending a bit of time you are welcome to it...

I hope NES comes though I havent heard from him yet with a few hours of his help I can nut commandline  (its in just dont know the syntax to get it working) videos and after that I will look at updating drivers..... both non working ones and new ones (just need to learn it)

lawdawg0931

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 09:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(BritneysPAIRS @ Sep 29 2008, 10:07 PM) View Post

I will be posting a Beta soon for some people

Like to be involved unless it's only for a select few (or is it going to be open for all?)
I'm doing "H-L" right now.....

ressurectionx

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 09:43:00 AM »

Sure.... I'm around for a few days starting tomorrow.  Let me know.

Cyborg17

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 07:09:00 PM »

More Rom sorting options, please.  Thats all I want.

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2008, 07:46:00 PM »

What sort options ???? More spicific please

OK the spreadsheets looking way better and the new info is alot better. I added new TABS guys with recommend to add games, gigapolic (but fix it)   and also new drivers or drivers to be fixed (Fixeight  Raiden Jet) This now the place to put this stuff smile.gif

RX alot is happening now that I have people happening a BETA will be availble in the weekend with alot of changes now that the spreedsheet is moving it bought up alot more issues which is what I wish to know.

Guys there is less than 100 games to test now finish please... add games you want added and also drivers you want added to the tabs

Cheers

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 12:04:00 AM »

New Visual Look at usage

what do people think...it can be turned off

(IMG:http://www.thraxen.com/BritneysPAIRS/golder.jpg)

This post has been edited by BritneysPAIRS: Oct 1 2008, 07:05 AM

Reza1986

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 12:19:00 AM »

May i suggest that you add the following features since you asked:

- Autofire Ability
- Test Menu: Its F2 on PC but can be changed while on MameOx128Plus, this feature allows you to adjust the game settings (This feature was already in the MameOx128Plus)
- Sound Menu: Basically setting up frequencies and volume adjustments (This feature was already in the MameOx128Plus)

I think that's about everything that needs to be added unless the romsets can be updated to the latest Mame. tongue.gif

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 12:44:00 AM »

Sound can be done now and so can game settings ... and has been in forever.
Autofire is done as well

New settings
Automattically add a game you play if its been played more than 5 times
Show a visual representation of times played
Change the Screensaver timer to do Shutdown Dim or Picture slideshow

(IMG:http://www.thraxen.com/BritneysPAIRS/settings.jpg)

underworlderZer0

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 12:56:00 AM »

More brainstorming.....

These may seem odd requests, and might be too difficult to implement in time for Gold (if at all), but are some things to at least consider...

---"Allowance Mode"

This would be an option to limit the amount of times you can "add a coin" for each launch of a game. It would provide an element of challenge to games that allow unlimited buy-in continues and simulate the old days of having a certain amount of tokens to play with.

I remember the challenge of trying to finish Golden Axe, Final Fight, or TMNT with a pocket full of $5.00 worth of tokens. Playing on an emulator and being able to continuously press the back button to buy back in takes away alot of the challenge and fun IMO.

---"Virtual Arcade"

This would be an option to assemble a virtual arcade by randomly selecting a set number of games. With 1000+ roms, it can be a bit overwhelming whe trying to decide what to play, when that number is pared down to somewhere between 12 and 50, it becomes much easier for the mind to wrap itself around.

Another feature could be to "create you own arcade" where you can add your favorite games to the list (Really just a more "flavorful" way to present the favorites list). You could save different 'arcades' as well- maybe recreate your local arcade from back in the day (I have many fond memories from our mid-80's hangout "The Wizard's Den" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ).

Another feature could be running the "Arcade gauntlet", where a player would get one credit on each of the games in the arcade and keep a running total score, which could be saved to a list of high scores. That sounds like it might be trickier to implement, though.

Just some things to think about.

Keep up the good work, BP!

This post has been edited by underworlderZer0: Oct 1 2008, 07:58 AM

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 01:06:00 AM »

Sounds nightmarish GUI wise for the users there is allready Hot and All time classic games that are colored and be automically added to favs in the settings.... these games can be configured in the romstatus.ini as well

ressurectionx

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 09:05:00 AM »

Hey UZ,

I always thought the allowance mode type thing would be a great addition to make it feel like I only had the amount of quarters my old man would give me and my brothers at the arcade.  Glad to see somebody else likes it.   I also like the "Arcade Gauntlet" idea.  Cool way to keep score with friends.  

Have to agree with BP though that the other part seems pretty scattered and/or redundant the way that you explained it.  

~Rx

This post has been edited by ressurectionx: Oct 1 2008, 04:17 PM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7