xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: ---== CoinOPS Gold ==---  (Read 1339 times)

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« on: September 27, 2008, 06:23:00 PM »

Recommend any new games or features please its getting close

To get this right it would help if this was finished so im aware of issues
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pNr...udEQ&hl=en#

(IMG:http://www.thraxen.com/BritneysPAIRS/Gold.jpg)

WaCk0

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 09:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(BritneysPAIRS @ Sep 27 2008, 09:59 PM) View Post

Recommend any new games or features please its getting close

To get this right it would help if this was finished so im aware of issues
http://spreadsheets....r...udEQ&hl=en#

Looks nice.

I have 1 request. Can you please add more filters? I think AdvMame 2x filter blurs a lot (none too), and maybe more options will make many people happy... simple 2x for example (for crisp pixels), HQ2x etc, like many others emulators for Xbox.

Thanks, and looking forward for the Gold  pop.gif

BonusJz

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 12:46:00 AM »

If you please.....

What makes best Mame ....... - of course supporting biggest amount of good games (not removing options, new skin or keymap fixes)

An least try to fix:

- Gaiapolice
- sega driver (Golden Axe 2 , Spider-man ........)

New games that should be possible to good emulates on Xbox:

- Raiden Fighters series
- related to above  ViperPhase1
- Cannon Dancer aka Osman (or vice versa)

Bring back possibility to turn on/off sound emulation  

run088

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 01:30:00 AM »

I love this emulator it is one of my favorites.

I love the fact I can turn a retard loose with it and they will not be able to mess anything up because the old options are HIDDEN.At first I was against this until I realized that the options were HIDDEN not REMOVED.

My only suggestion would be a read me included in the emulator that described that the options were still there but only could be changed via the ini.Also the location of the ini decribing how to change it and how it works.

I already know how to do this but it will cut down on the people who assume that the options are gone and not hidden and it will let them know how to make the changes.

This seems to be the biggest complaint people have.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

This is my take on it.

They say it is made for noobs and in a way it is.

But the irony of it is that those same people are the noobs because they cant figure this much out.

gilles9999

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 02:43:00 AM »

one word one game:
OSMAN (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/strider/osman-10.png)
(IMG:http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6978/osmantz9.jpg)

but it seems hard to emulate this jewel on xbox
otherwise:
dual videos/screenshot(or flyer) display, because there are tons of games on mame and we need a fast way to see if a game looks good or not
(sometimes the screenshot is ugly but the game is good, resulting a lot of peoples don't play the games that must be played)
since there is videos support in zsnexbox, my neighbour kids are playing at some jewels
ex:marioworld, megaman x,skyblazer (they don't feel interest with the boxart/preview, but the videos give them the envy to test it)

BonusJz

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 03:37:00 AM »

My only suggestion would be a read me included in the emulator that described that the options were still there but only could be changed via the ini.Also the location of the ini decribing how to change it and how it works.
I already know how to do this but it will cut down on the people who assume that the options are gone and not hidden and it will let them know how to make the changes.

Thats very great - edits ini then turn on emu then turn off because you want to change something  - and around - very great but on Pc not on xbox.
Ini my boy was the firs thing i have check on this emu for perfect screen alignment which can be done only there.
And tell me what people can mess up then if simple button press run the game in all xbox Mame's ?

This post has been edited by BonusJz: Sep 28 2008, 10:37 AM

run088

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 03:55:00 AM »

There is all kinds but if you must have an example I will give you the first that comes to mind.

The bios rom.

Solo0815

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 04:14:00 AM »

[Driver Fix]
As i requested over @ 1emulation some time ago:
Please add "Cabal (bootleg)" with this soundfix instead of the "normal" Cabal. The "normal" Cabal works fine, but with the bootleg you can roll with the third Button and avoid enemy shots.
The bootleg is working already, but enemy shots sounds like the credits sound (see the link above).
THX

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 04:20:00 AM »

BonusJz this build isnt for you post else where as this is the oposite to what you want.... no offense but sorry our views on the EMU are worlds apart, Bendermike is making a new version with latest NeoGeo dats etc ask him about this stuff.

Currently im looking at games that dont work right or new recommended games, and maybe settings everything else will be pasted over as just a quick glance sorry unless its really good. The next build I will learn about drivers esp OSMA Cannon and stuff like that, but that will delay this build by a month or 2 if I was to add it

BonusJz

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 04:21:00 AM »

Mess not change - every f@#$% game (or emulator) have some option that can be changed - is there anyone that is not familiar with that . And again Mame is not Amiga - one button press lunch the game.
Ps: Also i see you totaly ignored my explanation

BonusJz this build isnt for you post else where as this is the oposite to what you want.... no offense but sorry our views on the EMU are worlds apart, Bendermike is making a new version with latest NeoGeo dats etc ask him about this stuff.
Currently im looking at games that dont work right or new recommended games, and maybe settings everything else will be pasted over as just a quick glance sorry unless its really good. The next build I will learn about drivers esp OSMA Cannon and stuff like that, but that will delay this build by a month or 2 if I was to add it

Im really dont see a point in open next topic if you dont want to hear what to change add - Im worry this be the same thing with new name . And no offence but  please  , document this time what have you add - im really like to check it

This post has been edited by BonusJz: Sep 28 2008, 11:30 AM

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 04:25:00 AM »

BonusJz sound option will never be readded sorry it is automatic now and just needs to be added to the romstatus.xml to turn off the sound for that game only, I launch narc and it plays with no sound (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) and top speed without changing any options. I do listen to what you say by the way its just I want to make things automatic and user friendly and will not let the needs of one effect the needs of many

;; Rom Status 1 is LAUNCH IN MAMEOX .72 CORE WITH SPEED HACK GAME
;; Rom Status 2 is TURN OFF SOUND WHEN RUNNING THE GAME    (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)   Currently I added any games I know of that run with sound off but run badly with sound on, like the MK Series (soon to play under another core with sound) they are listed in spreadsheet and will be added if people tell me what to add, so they are set that way by default but anyone can edit this file themselves
;; Rom Status 3 is LAUNCH AS MEGADRIVE GAME
;; Rom Status 4 is ALL TIME CLASSIC
;; Rom Status 5 is HOT GAME
;; Rom Status 6 is LAUNCH AS SNES GAME

As agreed I can hand over alot of info that needs to be docummented but im not that interested in that stuff anyone can help with this I will tell them the info and they can write it up.

This post has been edited by BritneysPAIRS: Sep 28 2008, 11:40 AM

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 04:47:00 AM »

There is also a 50/50 chance video previews will be added by the next build... cross your fingers its looking more likely than it was last week

also
Gaiapolice, Golden Axe 2 , Spider-man havent been tagged with issues in the spreadsheet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) so why fix them

This post has been edited by BritneysPAIRS: Sep 28 2008, 11:49 AM

cbagy

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 07:20:00 AM »

Maybe look at fixing Golly Ghost, Lethal Enforcers, Op Wolf 3, etc. Look at Lethal Justice options (back & white) it has a gun offset which helps lots, could that option be added to games like say zero point which is a couple of mm out. I understand these are lightgun games and probably not your bag but im sure someone with your mame experience may be tempted to give it a look. Btw all of the lightgun games that work on other variants of xbox mame work in coinops also. Many lightgun roms arent even supported by any version which is a shame ie- V-Cop and lots of other available roms.

Anyway thanks for the current builds you have so far. For me the lack of changable options in the gui is a godsend. It stops the kids doing something disaterous.

xyteam

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 07:39:00 AM »

isnt there some code you have to put in to get gaiapolice to load?

BonusJz

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »

Its loading - you can use a password or cheat to jump to first stage (sadly Xbox only support J version) - anyway I was writing about this before. The problem is that with sound its working very slow. Normal turn off sound don't help here as game then not pass self test . Still for example Metamorphicforce (same hardware) have in cheats "skip memory test" so .....there is a hope for this great game.

PS:
I wish happy searching for good VMM setting using CoinOps

This post has been edited by BonusJz: Sep 28 2008, 05:04 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7