xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 96

Author Topic: Ressurectionxtras And Compatibility Lists  (Read 20558 times)

bigby

• Archived User
Ressurectionxtras And Compatibility Lists
« on: February 01, 2013, 01:25:00 PM »

This thread has now been unlocked (thank you moderators)

Can I please ask that if anyone has issues with RessurectionX or the project in general, to please take it to PM.

For those members who are new or do not know where the RessurectionXtras collection currently resides, please PM me.

As a recap, the RessurectionXtras cover various gaming systems, which include the games, box art, screenshots, video previews, gamefaqs, manuals etc.

The following are what is currently available:

(IMG:http://www.underground-gamer.com/imagebucket/RessurectionXtras.jpeg)

This post has been edited by bigby: Feb 1 2013, 09:40 PM

SPPV

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »

Just to expand on above, any people new to ResXtras, unsure how to make use etc, feel free to drop me a line and I can point you to the Xtras Installers and Emu Installer. Majority of the major consoles that have Xtras are covered by them and are just a simple click it and forget it.

And I think just about every XBOX fiend is very appreciative of the work you did Rx and I hope to see you back at it again. Why work alone when there are many of us who would like nothing more than to help where we can?

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 12:21:00 AM »

Have fun with it....

And my I submit, that we remove any of the mountains of previous posts here that are irrelevant to the issue at hand?

I'm sure a majority of them are my own.

Even after having this thread locked I had the power to do that.  I just didn't want to do it unless it was a group decision.

If current economic factors are an indication, It will be a long time until I can contribute again....

In the mean time....

Thank you Bigby

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »

Apparently, the bitches at RessurectionXtras banned me again.....

EDITED TO ADD:

To give them credit, aside from using everything our teams have done as bait, they haven't done really anything on any old school system systems.  

Kind of hard to do when they are largely talentless....  

I think it's going on.... uhhhhhh..... 4 years... without a single update to a single official RX release....

They have no interest in actually making new content for systems that 95% of us care about.  They decideded they wanted to steal my "Xtras" idea and apply it to their New systems.  

More power to them.  

I just think it's funny how they took everything in this thread, and all that me and others here worked for, and made an entirely different forum for it.  The only reason that forum is semi-legit is because the only thing they do is store illegal content.  If they were legal like XBox Scene, they wouldn't willingly promote illegal behavior.

All I will give you is a legal front end to your Xbox games.  You have to get them on your own.

If you want illegal content, please go to EmuXtras.com.  They welcome illegal activity.

Wimpy, himself, who is the forerunner of EmuXtras, has said, and I quote "American laws don't apply here.  We can and will get away with anything we want to here".  

He's probably right.

Go and follow his example....

This post has been edited by ressurectionx: Apr 1 2013, 07:44 AM

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »

#lostcause

This post has been edited by Pulsemasta: Apr 9 2013, 05:12 AM

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 01:10:00 PM »

Hehe...

The founder of the cause is now a lost cause.

Funny, isn't that?

Xmodder deluX

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 12:37:00 AM »

Res,

I think that everyone appreciates your hard work that you put into making the xtras for our old school systems.  You put many years of work into this project and for that we are very thankful.  However, you left your work with the rest of the community so that we could improve upon it and make it better.  I'm sure that the community still cares about your work because they continue to compile content that can be used with madmab's emulators.  I'm sure that madmab appreciates your hard work as well.  If it wasn't for both of you, we would not have what we do today.  You should be proud of yourself.  But you have to remember that you left the community in charge of your work.  It will never be the same unless you start working on it again.  A wise man once said that if you want something done right you have to do it yourself.

I think that the best thing to do would be to think of emuxtras as an extension of your work.  If you can accept that, then there is still hope for you and your project.  If we can compile enough hd content for every game on every old school system, then we might be able to use it on other emulators other than our xbox.  Wouldn't it be great if we could use this content on another system or even the pc if we could get proper emulators for them?  I think that emuxtras is just future-proofing all of your hard work so that it can be used elsewhere one day.

Also, I think that there were no new releases for your sets was because no one really stepped up to be a leader and actually configured everything the way that you did.  It must have been a lot of work on your part to do that for each and every system on our xbox.  Just because no one has put out any new releases doesn't mean that there will never be any more though.  This stuff just takes time and effort.  And many people over there just do this sort of thing for fun.  So don't be discouraged about other people using your work.  They just want to improve upon it the best that they can.  If anything, be proud of what you have accomplished.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »

I just miss you guys..... sad.gif

bigby

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 02:29:00 PM »

7062396739'>The RessurectionXtras are no longer available from the usual place (UG).  sad.gif

If any members want to know other places to get them, I would advise asking at emuxtras.net

This post has been edited by bigby: Jun 8 2013, 09:42 PM

edjinfor

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 11:46:00 AM »

7062396945'>
QUOTE(ressurectionx @ May 12 2013, 07:23 PM) *

I just miss you guys..... sad.gif

Dear friends, we will update the links please ...

bigby

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »

I've been working on a website for the RessurectionXtras...

http://resxtras.wix....ssurectionxtras

Ask here if you have any questions.

bsell1

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 08:34:00 PM »

7062398841'>Hey Bigby, you may remember me from the XBMC4Xbox website about 2 weeks ago, you helped me get my PSX isos to play over the network.  In that regards, do you know if any PSX xtras are in the works.  I have seen comments over the past couple of years that they might be in the works, but I haven't seen any yet.  I specifically would like to round up some PSX video snaps, if they are available.

bigby

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 05:39:00 AM »

7062398844'>There was an xtras set released for the PlayStation when the RessurectionXtras were first released. It included artwork and videos. I don't have them unfortunately.

EmuXtras has been working on a new set for PlayStation, but it needs contributors to test games for the new PCSXbox beta. Also the artwork, such as 3d box art and new videos is in need of contributors to help with those as well. It may take some time for a release.

This post has been edited by bigby: Aug 16 2013, 12:41 PM

bigby

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 11:04:00 AM »

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 05:24:00 PM »

Wow Bigby.... That site seems awesome.   biggrin.gif

I'd be willing to contribute ideas or thoughts or my experiences with other hard-working fans or personal struggles I went through while taking a group of people from all over the world and making the awesome emulation experience we have on the XBox today.  

My memory fades, but Gilles, MM? and Madmab always rounded out the main four from the beginning.  Madmab was the genius coder, Gilles and his wife (girlfriend at the time) were the art, and MM? made a shit ton of preview videos for us.  There were tons of others along the way to give one or two things here or there and disappear.  At the end, we met some other people who really helped out in a multitude of ways.  I know that you weren't the first on the scene, but your impact was long lasting.  We had a bad ass team....

In about 3 years, together we created much more user friendly emulation environments on the Box as well as amazing artwork/GUI updates and doing our best to include the most fixed-up and high-res box/cart/disk/disc art for every game included.  

Although it lended nothing to gameplay, my favorite innovation we came up with was the "Generic Boxart" for every system, divided by category.  For example:

NES Pirate: IPB Image

NES Prototype: IPB Image

SNES Rom Hack: IPB Image

Atari 2600 Homebrew: IPB Image

Genesis Unlicensed: IPB Image

Seriously man.... this made the emulation experience that much better because while scrolling through games in the GUI every game had a BOX, even pirate games that were sold at flea-markets.

Years have actually gone by now Bigby.  I'm just wondering.  In the mean time, has there been any meaningful updates to the systems we covered in the last few years?  

I'm guessing the answer is still no.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 96