xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: .bin And .cue Files..help  (Read 130 times)

LiLKennySK

• Archived User
.bin And .cue Files..help
« on: June 20, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »

im using pscXbox v11..do i need to have a .cue file or can i just put the .bin file on my box and play it? i only have the .bin file for a game..is this not going to allow me to play it? if so can i make a .cue file out of my .bin file? thanks in advance

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »

yes, you only need the .bin  :)  

infidelity

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »

The .cue you'll need for games that have audio tracks, such as Alien Trilogy, Dead or Alive, (those are off the top of my head) If you play those games I mentioned, or any game with audio tracks, without the .cue, you'll get this nasty distortion sound.

And if for some reason, your .bin does not have a .cue, there's this great app called "MakeCue". And if your game is either .bin .iso .img, just create the .cue, when it's completed, open it with either notepad or wordpad, and edit the title to whatever type it is, EX - "whatevergame.bin"  or "whatevergame.iso" or "whatevergame.img". I say this because, when you use MakeCue, it automaticly creates the name of the game as a .bin file. Hope this helps!!  :D  

LiLKennySK

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 03:35:00 PM »

Grand Turismo 2 Simulation/Arcade, Klonoa Beach Volleyball..Need the cue for these two games??

LiLKennySK

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »

I just downloaded it, and i couldnt make a .cue file from a .bin file..it only accpets .wav files

gamemaster14

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2004, 04:00:00 PM »

I just downloaded it, and i couldnt make a .cue file from a .bin file..it only accpets .wav files

Buy your games. Piracy talk isnt welcome here.

LiLKennySK

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2004, 04:09:00 PM »

Lol i own these games, im asking if i need the .cue files or not for them