xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ultimate Emulator Menu System  (Read 364 times)

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Ultimate Emulator Menu System
« on: February 07, 2004, 01:20:00 PM »

Anyone???  biggrin.gif

Cap'nStonedMonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

cypher35

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 07:47:00 PM »

i just use tHc...  nothing special, although i've got the complete Cowering romsets for snes, genesis, and gba.  Something like 6660 snes games, 4700 genesis, etc...

they're organised into folders which can be handled by the appropriate emulators (just so i won't have to scroll down for two hours to get to the game i want to play wink.gif also because you can only have a maximum of 4096 files per folder in teh FATX file system, grrr...)  i'm also unfortunately limited to 42 characters in the file names, so that get's quite annoying when i've got to manually rename half of my 10000 some roms.

i only wish xport would make his own port of snes9x dry.gif  no offence to whoever made the current emulator, but i REALLY like xport's emulators' interfaces and skinning system.

Likklebaer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 01:43:00 AM »

QUOTE (-FourDoor- @ Feb 6 2004, 07:34 PM)
Did you go as far as installing multiple versions of  xboyadvance so you can have 3 different entries for GB, GBC, and GBA?

I have two versions of XboyAdvance installed (one for GB/GBC, one for GBA), two versions of SMSPlus (one for MS, one for GG), two versions of FBA-X (the older version and the latest), two versions of MAMEoX (0.71.2b for Midway games and 0.76.1).

I just use AutoAdd and XToolbox to rename the xbe titles so each emulator is identified by the name of the system it emulates.

And I also wish XPort would port SNES9x. The current version has speed issues with the sound on some games (even with no fancy filtering). Lantus needs to realise that the Xbox just isn't powerful enough to emulate every aspect of SNES gaming at full speed with no frameskip. An XPort version would be far superior in many ways - and that's why he'll never do one.  biggrin.gif

alexh

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 03:53:00 AM »

Lantus needs to realise that the Xbox just isn't powerful enough to emulate every aspect of SNES gaming at full speed with no frameskip.

Wow. I dont quite know what to say. Surely it's you who needs to realise that without detailed bug reports how is he going to even attempt to fix it? Did you give any bug reports detailing exactly which game, where in the game, which rom dump it was etc.

Example:

File: C:\temp\bazooka blitzkrieg (u).zip
Name: BAZOOKA BLITZKRIEG
Speed: 30/FastROM
ROM Map: LoROM
Type: 00
Kart contents: ROM only
Header ROM Size: Corrupt
Calculated ROM Size: 4 Mbits
SRAM size: 512Kb
Actual Checksum: 5B4F
Header Checksum: 5B4F
Header Checksum Compliment: A4B0
Output: NTSC 60Hz
CRC32: 6810AA95
Licensee: Bandai
ROM Version: 1.0

DETAILS of bug, when where, how to reproduce etc.

An XPort version would be far superior in many ways - and that's why he'll never do one.

I doubt it, the source code for Snes9x is the biggest problem with xSnes9x wink.gif

I do wish that Lantus (or someone) would have a go at porting the Surreal UI to xSnes9x though smile.gif

Alex

Likklebaer

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2004, 10:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (lantus @ Feb 8 2004, 12:09 PM)
im not adding auto frameskip just to piss you off Likkle..is it working? smile.gif

Yes. Yes it is.

I'm very flattered but pissed off none-the-less. happy.gif

cypher35

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2004, 07:33:00 AM »

i have had no problems with lantus' port with the acception of the menu system...

i don't like how the subdirectorys of the rom directory are are set up so i've got to go to a different menu option to access them. I like how in xport's menu system, the folders are displayed alongside the roms so they can be accessed easier.

that's just my opinion and it's really just an interface issue for me, nothing more...

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2004, 12:34:00 PM »

Thanks for the .ini marioxb. It looks sweet. It's given me ideas on how to set up my emulators menu when I find some time. Right now, all my emulators are being atuoadded with no categories like how yours is set up.

marioxb

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2004, 09:32:00 PM »

Thanks! No problem -FourDoor-. Feel free to steal it if you wish.. I just noticed that the line

Item "Neo Geo Pocket (Color Games","f:\Apps\Emulators\neopopx\default.xbe"

Is missing the ) after Color. Oops. Also, I am using only the best emulators (as posted at the top of this forum), though I renamed some of the folders so I'd remember where they are as I typed the ini.

cypher35

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2004, 10:03:00 PM »

sorry for the off-topic question, but i noticed you ahve a catagory for sierra classsics...

would this include games the likes of "Lode Runner: The Ledgend Returns"?  I have fond memorys of that game back in th early nintys... good times...

if it's possible, woudl you mind pointing my to the emulator you are using for it?

Dahak

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2004, 10:55:00 PM »

Menu pissing contest? I'm in!  jester.gif
CODE

Section "Emulators"
   {
 Section "Arcade Games"
 {
 Item "Classic Arcade Games","f:\emulators\arcade\classic\default.xbe"
 Item "Killer Instinct 1 & 2","f:\emulators\arcade\killer instinct\default.xbe"
 Item "Laserdisc Games","f:\emulators\arcade\laserdisc\daphne_xbox.xbe"
 Item "Modern Arcade Games","f:\emulators\arcade\modern\default.xbe"
 }
 Section "Game Consoles"
 {
 Item "Atari 2600","f:\emulators\atari 2600\default.xbe"
 Item "Atari 5200","f:\emulators\atari 5200\default.xbe"
 Item "ColecoVision","f:\emulators\colecovision\default.xbe"
 Item "Mattel Intellivision","f:\emulators\mattel intellivision\default.xbe"
 Item "NEC Turbo Grafx 16","f:\emulators\nec turbo grafx 16\default.xbe"
 Item "Nintendo 64","f:\emulators\nintendo 64\default.xbe"
 Item "Nintendo Entertainment System","f:\emulators\nintendo entertainment system\default.xbe"
 Item "Sega Genesis","f:\emulators\sega genesis\default.xbe"
 Item "Sega Master System","f:\emulators\sega master system\default.xbe"
 Item "Sega SG-1000","f:\emulators\sega sg-1000\default.xbe"
 Item "Sony Playstation","f:\emulators\sony playstation\default.xbe"
 Item "Super Nintendo Entertainment System","f:\emulators\super nintendo entertainment system\default.xbe"
 }
 Section "Handheld Games"
 {
 Item "Atari Lynx","f:\emulators\atari lynx\default.xbe"
 Item "Bandai Wonderswan Color","f:\emulators\bandai wonderswan color\default.xbe"
 Item "Nintendo Game Boy Advance","f:\emulators\nintendo game boy advance\default.xbe"
 Item "Sega Game Gear","f:\emulators\sega master system\default.xbe"
 Item "SNK Neo-Geo Pocket Color","f:\emulators\snk neo-geo pocket color\default.xbe"
 }
 Section "Home Computers"
 {
 Item "Apple II","f:\emulators\apple ii\default.xbe"
 Item "Atari 800","f:\emulators\atari 5200\default.xbe"
 Item "Atari ST","f:\emulators\atari st\default.xbe"
 Item "Coleco Adam","f:\emulators\colecovision\default.xbe"
 Item "Commodore 64","f:\emulators\commodore 64\default.xbe"
 Item "Commodore Amiga","f:\emulators\commodore amiga\default.xbe"
 Item "Commodore PET","f:\emulators\commodore pet\default.xbe"
 Item "Commodore VIC-20","f:\emulators\commodore vic-20\default.xbe"
 Item "IBM PC","f:\emulators\ibm pc\default.xbe"
 Item "MSX","f:\emulators\msx\default.xbe"
 }
 Section "Virtual Machines"
 {
 Item "Doom","f:\emulators\virtual machines\doom\default.xbe"
 Item "Duke Nukem 3D","f:\emulators\virtual machines\duke nukem 3d\default.xbe"
 Item "Quake","f:\emulators\virtual machines\quake\default.xbe"
 Item "Quake II","f:\emulators\virtual machines\quake ii\default.xbe"
 Item "Rise of the Triad","f:\emulators\virtual machines\rise of the triad\default.xbe"
 Item "Sarien","f:\emulators\virtual machines\sarien\default.xbe"
#  Item "ScummVM","f:\emulators\virtual machines\scumm\default.xbe"
 Item "Ultima 7","f:\emulators\virtual machines\ultima 7\default.xbe"
 Item "Beneath a Steel Sky", "f:\emulators\virtual machines\scumm\default.xbe",ID_CMD,"sky"
 Item "Curse of Monkey Island","f:\emulators\virtual machines\scumm\default.xbe",ID_CMD,"comi"
 Item "Day of the Tentacle","f:\emulators\virtual machines\scumm\default.xbe",ID_CMD,"tentacle"
 Item "Full Throttle","f:\emulators\virtual machines\scumm\default.xbe",ID_CMD,"ft"
 Item "Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis","f:\emulators\virtual machines\scumm\default.xbe",ID_CMD,"atlantis"
 Item "Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade","f:\emulators\virtual machines\scumm\default.xbe",ID_CMD,"indy3"
 Item "Loom","f:\emulators\virtual machines\scumm\default.xbe",ID_CMD,"loomcd"
 Item "Maniac Mansion","f:\emulators\virtual machines\scumm\default.xbe",ID_CMD,"maniac"
 Item "Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge","f:\emulators\virtual machines\scumm\default.xbe",ID_CMD,"monkey2"
 Item "Sam & Max Hit the Road","f:\emulators\virtual machines\scumm\default.xbe",ID_CMD,"samnmax"
 Item "Secret of Monkey Island","f:\emulators\virtual machines\scumm\default.xbe",ID_CMD,"monkey1"
 Item "Simon the Sorcerer","f:\emulators\virtual machines\scumm\default.xbe",ID_CMD,"simon1win"
 Item "Simon the Sorcerer 2","f:\emulators\virtual machines\scumm\default.xbe",ID_CMD,"simon2win"
 Item "The Dig","f:\emulators\virtual machines\scumm\default.xbe",ID_CMD,"dig"
 Item "Zak McKracken & the Alien Mindbenders","f:\emulators\virtual machines\scumm\default.xbe",ID_CMD,"zak"
 SortAll
 }
   }

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2004, 07:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (lantus @ Feb 8 2004, 07:09 AM)
im not adding auto frameskip just to piss you off Likkle..is it working? smile.gif

I may not know you, but after reading that, you are my hero.

cypher35

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2004, 11:25:00 AM »

Oh, by Sierra Classics, I just meant the AGI thing. Leisure Suit Larry, Space Quest, etc.
oh, ok...  bummer, that got me excited for a moment...  

i'll have to continue my quest to find a good port of lode runner from my old computer *snif*  unsure.gif

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2004, 11:47:00 AM »

Police Quest

(w00t)

Koitsu

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2004, 01:02:00 PM »

in the december xsnes9x WIP, a part of the sound keeps blinking out in FFIV (US FFII). i don't know if it's the thing where some of the older snes games took a hit, but it's getting to me. i'm NTSC, i use the latest evolution-x....blah, blah
Pages: [1] 2