xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Who Else Would Be Willing To Pay...  (Read 383 times)

GaijinPunch

• Archived User
Who Else Would Be Willing To Pay...
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2003, 12:36:00 AM »

Damn Why is it so hard to gett there is newer going to be a good saturn emu for xbox!!!!!

For the exact same fucking reasons it was so hard to "gett" there was "newer" going to be a way to play NeoGeo/Mame games over 64MB b/c virtual memory was "impossible"... you chief.

(misspellings done on purpose)

go and buy a saturn you can gett 1 for 30 dollars

Got one.

Would it be hard?  Fuck yeah.  The fact that the 3d Engine was slapped on top of a 2D product in it's final stages don't make it any easier. Throw in the fact that SoA botched the promotions, so all the other bighouses were sucking Sony's cock and you've got your reason for unheard of documentation in English.

I think if some of the Mame Titan-V developers threw out some love, it would make it much more possible.  The Titan-V is pretty much a Saturn w/ more memory.  

As for developers that mastered the hardware... there are quite a few of them.... they're just all in Japan.

dmb062082

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2003, 12:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (Mechazilla @ Aug 26 2003, 10:16 PM)
QUOTE (dmb062082 @ Aug 26 2003, 12:58 PM)
Maybe u can bribe the girigiri team. They are despratley tring to sell the emulator.

Uhm.

A ) GiriGiri was bought by Sega like 2 years ago.

B ) It's not for sale.

Yes it is for sale!

Gillian_Seed

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2003, 04:52:00 AM »

There is a hacked version of Girigiri... [heard it runs a bunch of stuff at full fps btw] That probably means little to nothing in full scope of the possiblity of Xbox emulation though.  Relatively interesting though. : /

I wonder if it plays Panzer Dragoon Saga.... man... haven't played that for years.

SkmNet

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2003, 05:10:00 AM »

yes it plays it quite well ;-)  but my pc has 1,4gig right now, and radiant silver gun is waaayyy too slow. some games run fullspeed, some not. so 700mhz is much too slow i guess. and girigiri is not open source anymore anyway. i think there is no other way of playing saturn games on the the good old system itself. though it would be cool to see them with texture filters ON!!!!

ianmalcm

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2003, 09:02:00 AM »

wasnt Panzer Dragoon 1 emulated as a bonus in Orta?

seriously, Saturn is very difficult to emulate. When Sega heard PSX had 3D support, they just added a few processors to make it possible on their originaly planned 2D system. I think theres somethin like 6 processors to emulate, all the interaction between them, blah blah. Just save your "prize" moneys and buy a Saturn.

all this talk makes me want to dust off that Saga game

Mage

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2003, 10:15:00 AM »

The saturn doesn't actually have all that much ram...

4MB total if you add up all the memory that is spread across all the different subsystems.  That is including the frame buffers for vdp1/vdp2 and vram.

The reason we most likely don't see very good open source saturn emulator is the fact that most people don't care about the saturn.  If they did, there'd be more developers who wanted to write an emulator for it.

The PS2 is more complex, and the open source emulator is coming along decent.

dmb062082

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2003, 10:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (Mechazilla @ Aug 27 2003, 01:10 PM)
QUOTE (dmb062082 @ Aug 27 2003, 08:48 AM)
QUOTE (Mechazilla @ Aug 26 2003, 10:16 PM)
QUOTE (dmb062082 @ Aug 26 2003, 12:58 PM)
Maybe u can bribe the girigiri team. They are despratley tring to sell the emulator.

Uhm.

A ) GiriGiri was bought by Sega like 2 years ago.

B ) It's not for sale.

Yes it is for sale!

Your an idiot.

no your a idiot, they sell the emulator, it is comerical. It is for sale. They are trying to turn a profit. Make a buck. Once again it is for sale. Why cant you comprehend? I think you mean the source isnt for sale, and yes every one knows that.

Mechazilla

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2003, 11:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (dmb062082 @ Aug 27 2003, 06:23 PM)

no your a idiot, they sell the emulator, it is comerical. It is for sale. They are trying to turn a profit. Make a buck. Once again it is for sale. Why cant you comprehend? I think you mean the source isnt for sale, and yes every one knows that.

You fucking idiot there is HUGE difference between a commercial sale of a product and the sale of a copyright license. The emulator cannot be ported to xbox, because the source is copyrighted, SEGA's not going to port it to XBOX because there is not enough power, nor is there enough of a demand (emulators are frowned upon). Go to fucking hell and die. This thread is almost as brilliant as the thread requesting DOOM 3 Emulation for XBOX.
Pages: 1 [2]