xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: (s)nes-to-x-box Adapter - Lets Make This Happen  (Read 431 times)

Iriez

• Administrator
(s)nes-to-x-box Adapter - Lets Make This Happen
« on: June 29, 2003, 07:53:00 PM »

Its not just hard wired. There are resistors, and some type of switch board and what not, used in teh xbox controller.

It would require a advandced technical background to create a proper pcb board with the various electronical switches to work it.

Doubt it will happen.

Another downside is that using snes/nes controllers would limit the functions of the emulators as it normally uses xbox control's to switch to certian menu's and functions.

Bender_Unit_1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 07:58:00 PM »

Nuts! Well, at least this appeared before I maimed some controllers smile.gif

-Bender

t_rex

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2003, 08:03:00 PM »

Unlike a SNES > Parallel port adaptor which only needs a few extra diodes, an SNES > USB would need alot more than diodes, plus it would need drivers to work with an Xbox.
Dount count on this happening smile.gif

hcarlson3

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2003, 08:38:00 PM »

I'm sorry but you can play the games on your xbox can't you?  Is there any other console that allows this?  Is that not good enough for you?  I for one could care less about using a nes/snes controller.  Who wants a less ergonomic controller than the s controller for the xbox?

frank black

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2003, 09:00:00 PM »

I'm interested!  wink.gif
There are a few posts around here with others mentioning the idea.
There's GOT to be a way...but there will probably involve some hacking/soldering involved.
Last resort, I'm going with something like this: http://devcast.dcemu...es/nes/nes.html
but with a cheap xbox controller, of course.
Who wants a less ergonomic controller than the s controller for the xbox?

Some old guys.
tongue.gif

Bender_Unit_1

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2003, 09:52:00 PM »

I, too, am interested! I love my NES, and out of nostalgia, I'd definitely try it if it weren't a monotnous task.

-Bender

TAFKAR

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2003, 11:13:00 PM »

Well I have a PC-Gamepad @ home, which is a clone of a SNES Controller (I bought it because of the same reason of having the original felling at playing great old SNES RPG´s with SNES9x).
Well it´s connected to the gamepad but maybe you find a online-shop, who sells something like that with USB.

SkmNet

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2003, 12:53:00 AM »

dont know if there is a GC to XBOX adapter, but then you could use the new GBPlayer Hori Contoller for Gamecube. it just is a snes bad with a few other buttons.  

http://www.play-asia...3-30a56034.html

Dante_Ali

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2003, 02:18:00 AM »

Use a PlayStation2-to-Xbox adaptor, that's the closest thing to the SNES layout there is.

Strat

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2003, 02:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (Dante_Ali @ Jun 30 2003, 10:18 AM)
Use a PlayStation2-to-Xbox adaptor, that's the closest thing to the SNES layout there is.

The s-controller is a close SNES clone anyway

But it's just not the same. I want the original controller.

A little bump. Hopefully someone with the skills will stumble across this thread and make it happen. It's definetly possible smile.gif

desertboy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2003, 04:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (Iriez @ Jun 30 2003, 04:53 AM)
Another downside is that using snes/nes controllers would limit the functions of the emulators as it normally uses xbox control's to switch to certian menu's and functions.

The PSX analog controller has exactly the same ammount of buttons as the xbox controller. A combo button press is all that's needed to circumnavigate the lack of buttons (To access various emu functions) much like the IGR combo.

{{909}}

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2003, 05:39:00 PM »

hmm, well, it would be fun, for a second atleast, but i wouldent get off my ass to swap my xbox pad for a snes pad just to play mario for 5 mins.

if we did have a snes to xbox converter, how would we get back to the xsnes menu since the emu uses the analogue stick buttons, also black and white are used for various functions if i recall.

lantus

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2003, 06:00:00 PM »

not true...v1.04 only uses the start button and either the analog or digital pads for movement

desertboy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2003, 04:41:00 AM »

QUOTE ({{909}} @ Jul 3 2003, 02:39 AM)
hmm, well, it would be fun, for a second atleast, but i wouldent get off my ass to swap my xbox pad for a snes pad just to play mario for 5 mins.

if we did have a snes to xbox converter, how would we get back to the xsnes menu since the emu uses the analogue stick buttons, also black and white are used for various functions if i recall.

Well since Lantus is offering to add support I'm sure a start/select trigger combo would be in order.

I've got a few ideas for getting this to work, the most promising would be some sort of hack involving an original xbox controller.

I haven't got any spare controllers to try out or a snes pad to destroy but as soon as I get one I'll start a thread in the hardware section and donations might speed it up slighty.
(controllers only not cash of course)

desertboy

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2003, 04:47:00 AM »

A list of essential reading for anyone interested.

http://www.gamesx.co...ata/nessnes.htm

http://www.dreamclif.../jump/specs.htm

I'm thinking if I can extract the button press signals from the data line I can then send them to the corresponding line inside the xbox controller.
Pages: [1] 2