xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: 1 Day Left For N64 Emu  (Read 941 times)

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2003, 06:50:00 AM »

Well guess what ppl its Monday 09/06/2003 00:45:14  You know what that means only hours left untill a n64 emu is released. Hold on for the ride people because once you get on this ride there is no comming back.
i would like to thank Iriez & Spiral But the coders that have Attempted to port a n64 emu over even if you havent won please release your source on the net so people can take a look @ & improve it.

Scimmia

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2003, 07:39:00 AM »

If you haven't been around for a long time, you might not realize that it IS possible to ADD another 64MB of RAM to your xbox. The motherboard has the solder points for it, you just need to solder the ram on there and use a bios that can recognize the extra ram. Check the forums at www.xboxhacker.net, where it all started, and there were a few threads about it here, too.

chrsnstfny

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2003, 08:22:00 AM »

I have a bad feeling tomorrow we will be left with nothing, atleast nothing worth talking about.  If we dont get atleast a N64 Emu that plays 8 meg games flawless or close to it, with sound and all, who cares.

Lowen Na

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2003, 09:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (SSSSSmokey @ Jun 8 2003, 02:37 AM)
YOU are wrong.  Propaganda from video game companies are mostly the only ones who refer to them in Mbits.  I also haven't seen any emus that list the file sizes, but I'm not saying they don't exist.  I am saying that MOST people and sites will list them in the MUCH more useful and functional MB.  Listing them as Mbits is like going out of your way to confuse people.

Sorry, but if that is what you think, then you have not been in the emulation scene very long.

Thank you, please drive through

slappynutz

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2003, 09:50:00 AM »

Lowen Na, stop being such an ass. In discussing N64 emulation on the Xbox (a system with 64 MB of ram) it makes absolutely no sense to keep converting everything to Mb. I'm sorry, but none of your hall monitor antics are going to get us to discuss how it's unlikely that the Xbox's 512Mb of ram is adequate to run 512Mb roms. Just because Sega and Nintendo used to market their cartridges in Mb back in the 16-bit era, it makes absolutely no sense to go back to that language for an N64 emulator on an Xbox, neither of which really ever mention file sizes in Mb.

Lowen Na

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2003, 10:10:00 AM »

People who use MB Mb mb mB all interchangibly are just as irritating as people who say their computer has "512 giga ram, and 100k harddrive".

If YOU can't speak the language, stay the hell out of the converstion.

SSSSSmokey

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2003, 10:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (slappynutz @ Jun 8 2003, 06:50 PM)
Lowen Na, stop being such an ass. In discussing N64 emulation on the Xbox (a system with 64 MB of ram) it makes absolutely no sense to keep converting everything to Mb. I'm sorry, but none of your hall monitor antics are going to get us to discuss how it's unlikely that the Xbox's 512Mb of ram is adequate to run 512Mb roms. Just because Sega and Nintendo used to market their cartridges in Mb back in the 16-bit era, it makes absolutely no sense to go back to that language for an N64 emulator on an Xbox, neither of which really ever mention file sizes in Mb.

Exactly.  You summed up my thoughts eloquently.

People who use MB Mb mb mB all interchangibly are just as irritating as people who say their computer has "512 giga ram, and 100k harddrive".

Who used them interchangeably?  I merely said that MB is much more unified and well-known than Mb.  No one can really argue that point.  

BTW, I just a new 960 Gb hard drive...

Lowen Na

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2003, 10:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (SSSSSmokey @ Jun 8 2003, 07:29 PM)
Who used them interchangeably?  I merely said that MB is much more unified and well-known than Mb.  No one can really argue that point.  

BTW, I just a new 960 Gb hard drive...

Congrades on your 120GB hard drive, at least you are using the proper abrevation.

I never said that you were using them interchagably, but people miss using mb MB Mb etc in this thread is what started this.

Sence every other web site on the internet refers to video game roms in terms of Megabits instead of MegaBytes, it would be nice if you people perfer to use MegaBytes instead that you could atleast us the proper abreviation.

MB=MegaByte
Mb=Megabit
mb= microbit?

And BTW, game size was refered to in Mb instead of MB not as some Nintendo or Sega marketing term, but becuase that was the standerd in the electronics industry for rom chips.

mattias800

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2003, 10:49:00 AM »

QUOTE (Lowen Na @ Jun 8 2003, 07:39 PM)
Sence every other web site on the internet refers to video game roms in terms of Megabits instead of MegaBytes, it would be nice if you people perfer to use MegaBytes instead that you could atleast us the proper abreviation.

MB=MegaByte
Mb=Megabit
mb= microbit?

And BTW, game size was refered to in Mb instead of MB not as some Nintendo or Sega marketing term, but becuase that was the standerd in the electronics industry for rom chips.

i don't usually post on this forum, but this is so stupid.
stop being such a wise ass.
no one cares if you use mb, MB, bm, Qt, MtrFkr or whatever, as long as people understand what is being communicated to them.
i'm a developer myself and i never use the term "megabit" other than when flashing my gba flashlink.

so stop pretending you're better than other visitors and let people use whichever term they like best.
if you have problems understanding how many bits 8 megabytes is, then get back to school.

feflicker

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2003, 10:53:00 AM »

jester.gif

I hope that the programmers at least had the common sense to make sure the emus can share a ROM directory. If not, it could get ugly with 3+ emulators for N64, all with their own copies of the ROMS... If it hasn't been implemented yet, let's hope this is sitting on the back burner to be done at some point  biggrin.gif

I can't wait to try the new emus. I have had fun trying to get daedalusx to play ROMS. Can't wait to see what new toys are coming!

Deviance

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2003, 11:11:00 AM »

I dont think the topic is "who is better than who" or "get your terminology straight", so theres no point being a bitch about everything.  Just settle down and talk about the actual topic and quit being so defensive! So when is this new emu coming out? or being released?

chilin_dude

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2003, 11:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (Deviance @ Jun 8 2003, 08:11 PM)
I dont think the topic is "who is better than who" or "get your terminology straight", so theres no point being a bitch about everything.  Just settle down and talk about the actual topic and quit being so defensive! So when is this new emu coming out? or being released?

On the 9th...its a contest so there will be at least 2 out me thinks!

4me2

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2003, 11:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (Beelzebud @ Jun 8 2003, 08:20 PM)
You know you are a nerd when you find yourself arguing over Mb or MB.   jester.gif

Thats exactly what i was thinking too.

Maybe some of these bit and byte experts will be releasing thier own emus tomorrow because they are obviously clever cu next tuesdays. biggrin.gif

MethiusHasTheAIDSPassItOn

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2003, 12:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (chilin_dude @ Jun 8 2003, 08:18 PM)
On the 9th...its a contest so there will be at least 2 out me thinks!

What gives you this idea, Ms. Cleo?

by the way guyz i changed my mind i think there will be 25 n64 emoos out tomorraw and all of tha compilers will be broken by so much compiling omg omg omg i cant wait do u thin k 1 will play mario sunshine god i hope so i love that game dont u how can u not its the best game evar!!!!!!

LazyGuru

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2003, 12:50:00 PM »

unsure.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7