xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: 1 Day Left For N64 Emu  (Read 935 times)

MethiusHasTheAIDSPassItOn

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2003, 06:25:00 PM »

hay guyz i pradict that there will be 15 diferent n64 emus all released on monday. only one of them will be able to play crash bandicoot without frame loss so thats probably tha 1 that will win

VOTE CHEESEBURGER

RatsbatsGats

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2003, 06:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (MethiusHasTheAIDSPassItOn @ Jun 8 2003, 03:25 AM)
hay guyz i pradict that there will be 15 diferent n64 emus all released on monday. only one of them will be able to play crash bandicoot without frame loss so thats probably tha 1 that will win

VOTE CHEESEBURGER

that number seems a bit irrational...

and crash bandicoot was never realeased on the nintendo 64

and who's cheeseburger?

SSSSSmokey

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2003, 06:36:00 PM »

I don't understand how there is one day left...here at my house it is the 7th.  Also, they have all day on the 9th to submit them.

Morglum

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2003, 06:37:00 PM »

laugh.gif

dmb062082

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2003, 06:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (MethiusHasTheAIDSPassItOn @ Jun 8 2003, 03:25 AM)

Well the way I see it, this is the only way we will ever see solid n64 emulation on our super console.

This can be completed in a few easy steps so pay close attention

Ahem....

1. Download the iNDREAMA emulator for xbox and upload it to your z drive

2.Run the indreama emulator and load up several goatse .bmp images

3.Take sccreen captures of the images and access them (they are saved in the e drive>udata>im7331>bmp images

4. upload those images to your PC and edit them slightly with any editor, paint reccomended

5. Upload those to your chihirox>textures folder and use them as your default backgrounds

6.Load up the project 64 emulator found in chihirox and when it asks for you to select your rom leave that directory and search for your ps2 isos, (they can be found in the y drive) you have to load up the ps2 iso labled "zapper" from there it will promt you to install sound drivers for the apple ipod, proceed. Yes there is a apple ipod emulator you must have this installed in root.

7. almost done.... find your ****.swf viewer****** application, this must be ran from the indreama emulator and run your favorite flash piece and convert that to a .v64 file with the tools brought to you by none other than jabo.

8.now go to your colecovision emulator and load your .v64 file and wala, you will have access to the entire rom collection for the nintendo 64 and every thing will be perfect!!

ii hope to god this helps you all, id be fucked with out this littl tutorial, god bless and good luck with crash bandicoot!

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2003, 06:44:00 PM »

smile.gif .
Apart from mario i wouldnot mind playing Fifa Or Rush1 & Rush2.

What games do you ppl want 2 play on the first release & what games Would you recoment to people How about we rate our games with *'s
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***** = Best
**** = Verry Good
*** = Good
** = Not Bad
* = Dont Even Bother
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mario 64 = *****
Mario Kart = *****
Mario Party 1,2,3 = ***
Fifa = ****
007 = ***
Pilot WIngs = **
Banjo Kazouie = ***
SnowBoarding Kids = ****
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any one else Have different opinions please post your sujestions & rating bellow.
Excuse the typos its to early to think.

noodle1009

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2003, 07:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (Morglum @ Jun 8 2003, 03:37 AM)
Wasnt it the Cheeseburger that cop with a burger for a head in the real old mcdonalds adverts who used to arrest the hamburgler?  laugh.gif

whahahaha  laugh.gif  jester.gif  laugh.gif

good old Mayor McCheese.  Is that who you're talking about?  I haven't seen him or the Hamburgular in quite some time.  Or the fryguys.  And I'm not sure Mayor McCheese needs re-electing, so I'm not sure if he needs my vote  wink.gif

Now that I think of it there was some big mac beast that used to run around like a cop, maybe that is who he's referring to?

Morglum

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2003, 09:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (noodle1009 @ Jun 8 2003, 04:58 AM)
QUOTE (Morglum @ Jun 8 2003, 03:37 AM)
Wasnt it the Cheeseburger that cop with a burger for a head in the real old mcdonalds adverts who used to arrest the hamburgler?  laugh.gif

whahahaha  laugh.gif  jester.gif  laugh.gif

good old Mayor McCheese.  Is that who you're talking about?  I haven't seen him or the Hamburgular in quite some time.  Or the fryguys.  And I'm not sure Mayor McCheese needs re-electing, so I'm not sure if he needs my vote  wink.gif

Now that I think of it there was some big mac beast that used to run around like a cop, maybe that is who he's referring to?

Hmm maybe its the bigmac head guy im thinking off then and not a cheeseburger afterall  laugh.gif i dont really remember, those adverts havent been shown here for over 10years now.

Morglum

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2003, 09:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (cougar14 @ Jun 8 2003, 06:16 AM)
So who made the daedaleus emulator? I have it on my box and it is perfect except for the sound, was playing mario kart 64 on it last nite...although it crashed in level 3 of the first gp sad.gif
Wario(me) was winning too! Beating that little toad butthole!!

Daedaleus blow goat balls, granted theres no sound and thats noted, but i couldnt even get mario kart to work, how did you manage that? The only game i got running was bomberman, but then only the intro worked, the levels had no textures, there was only the sprite of my player and blue background, with invisible walls, no bombs or explosions showing.  laugh.gif How you managed to get a game working i have no idea, but share your secrests  cool.gif

Mars10

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2003, 09:56:00 PM »

mario kart works for me also, but still crashes after a period of time. =P

apexad

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2003, 10:27:00 PM »

Here goes alot.  First off I want to point out that it is not a matter of implimenting 32MB or 64MB support, theoretically if you made your xbox 128mb they may just naturally work, it is a memory issue, nothing really to do with the emulator.  also, relize that in today's n64 emulation dynarec is used.  This means 2 things.  1. self-modifying code, which means that if you load a 32mb rom into memory, your going to need more like 40 or 50mb to run it all the way through.  Second, it means alot of guessing.  Every rom will not work, thus it is not a matter of saying every 8MB rom will work, or every 16MB rom, etc...there could be a 32MB rom that works faster and looks better then an 8MB rom.  There are so many variables.
Lastly, remember there are 2 versions of Daedalus ported.  1 from it's original author, that has been dicontinued  and is suppose to no longer be spoken about.  the 2nd from Hiraku which runs some games but not as well nor as many as the port by the original author.

P.S. - I totally trust that the emulator is real.

woo

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2003, 02:12:00 AM »

a bit lame really to be questioning the validity of the emulator, when a respected scene member has had hands on experience of it.  Yes, I trust this to be real, unlike the other "hilarious" hoaxes some of the dumber members here believed in.

As said before... the method of emulation, dynarec, etc.. has already been talking about here, possbly under conspiracy theories thread, heh. (those that know the thread, know what I'm talking about... lantus said he couldn't port it and another guy has done it, etc.. etc..)  It's true to assume that you'll have to test games individually, as their are no guarantees that "all" 8MB games will run, etc..  This could as much to do with the graphics plugin, etc.. having issues too.  it's emulation.. it's never 100%

Just wait till the deadline is over.. then you'll see all the cards on the table

chilin_dude

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2003, 03:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (woo @ Jun 8 2003, 11:12 AM)
a bit lame really to be questioning the validity of the emulator, when a respected scene member has had hands on experience of it.  Yes, I trust this to be real, unlike the other "hilarious" hoaxes some of the dumber members here believed in.

As said before... the method of emulation, dynarec, etc.. has already been talking about here, possbly under conspiracy theories thread, heh. (those that know the thread, know what I'm talking about... lantus said he couldn't port it and another guy has done it, etc.. etc..)  It's true to assume that you'll have to test games individually, as their are no guarantees that "all" 8MB games will run, etc..  This could as much to do with the graphics plugin, etc.. having issues too.  it's emulation.. it's never 100%

Just wait till the deadline is over.. then you'll see all the cards on the table

I totally agree with you, of course theres going to be emus out! He's known as a valuable member of the 'scene,' i mean Lunareclipse wasn't known for anything so it was hardly a surprise that the source code got distributed and then it got mashed up by some one  dry.gif  laugh.gif
Its about time" I say. Iriez and I have both seen alot of flamers during the course of this project, (Iriez alot more than me of course), but Im glad to see that a dream for many of us is comming true. The countdown has started. Now we wait.

After the contest is over, we need to fish out all of its faults. Test as many ROMs as we possibly can so that we can fix the errors in the emulator. Remember, the release is not the final. The contest REQUIRES release of the source code. That means it can be improved apon and grow. I will be testing the emulator extensivly since I have 128MB of RAM on my machine.

I'd like to take a minute to personally say "Thank you" to the people who made this possible. Iriez took the project that I started, organized it and made it official. Spiral, for hosting the paypal account. All the coders who made N64 emulation possible on PC. Lastly, every single individual who donated to the cause. Even after being ridiculed, even after being told that you were thowing your money away, you had faith in the project and made it happen.

For now we wait, but soon........WE WILL FINALY HAVE WHAT WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.   

Yep i also agree with you... it was your origional idea so  beerchug.gif you got the ball rolling! I too would like to say thanks to all the people that have organised this it is much appreciated by me and many others i am sure!

tom_g05

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2003, 03:55:00 AM »

I too would also like to thank everyone who organised and to the N64 emu's for PC for giving there source out to the public.
I was also wanderring if the date is an issue cause I live in Australia and it's the 9th tomorrow, cause we all don't know where the so called X guy lives.

P.S, Damn I a fool to believe Lunar.

TwisTz

• Archived User
1 Day Left For N64 Emu
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2003, 06:12:00 AM »

wink.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7