xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Killer Instinct  (Read 150 times)

luther349

• Archived User
Killer Instinct
« on: February 05, 2003, 01:25:00 PM »

probly the snes version would work with the snes emu as for xbox. killer instinct isnt a mame game so you have a fake rom. the arcade ver uses its own special emulator couse the arcade unit was a ultra 64. befor they toned it down to a nintendo 64. being it uses its own emulator someone would need to port that emu to the xbox.

Bolch

• Archived User
Killer Instinct
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 11:05:00 PM »

instinct isnt a mame game so you have a fake rom

Killer Instinct is emulated on the latest version of Mame for the PC, but that's not available on the xbox yet.

You're best bet is either the snes conversion or hope the new n64 emulator that's in development (from the Nester-X team) works and supports KI Gold.

metalhed

• Archived User
Killer Instinct
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 11:30:00 AM »

In order to get the Killler Instinct 1 and 2 MAME ROMS to run, you have to download the kinst 1 and 2 HDD images, the hdcomp.exe from the DOS version from MAME 32 v.63b, and the kinst HDD image convertor, which converts the kinst 1 and 2 HDD images to kinst.chd. Don't ask where to get these files. Put the kinst.chd into the kinst rom folder and expect to get some shitty speeds even on the top of the line CPUs. I have a HP Pavilion P4 1.4Ghz CPU, Geforce 4 Ti 4600, 1GB of PC 800 RDRAM, and a 7200RPM 60GB maxtor HDD w/ Windows XP, and Killer Instinct 1 and 2 runs like shit on my computer. You would need to at least have a 5Ghz CPU to run that game at 100%, so I hope your joking if you ask if Killer Instinct 1 and 2 will be able to be played on XBOX MAME at 733Mhz/64MB of RAM. Like Bolch said, your best bet is to hope that the new n64 emulator in development works and supports KI Gold.

Rollo

• Archived User
Killer Instinct
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2003, 08:00:00 AM »

In order to get the Killler Instinct 1 and 2 MAME ROMS to run, you have to download the kinst 1 and 2 HDD images, the hdcomp.exe from the DOS version from MAME 32 v.63b, and the kinst HDD image convertor, which converts the kinst 1 and 2 HDD images to kinst.chd. Don't ask where to get these files. Put the kinst.chd into the kinst rom folder and expect to get some shitty speeds even on the top of the line CPUs. I have a HP Pavilion P4 1.4Ghz CPU, Geforce 4 Ti 4600, 1GB of PC 800 RDRAM, and a 7200RPM 60GB maxtor HDD w/ Windows XP, and Killer Instinct 1 and 2 runs like shit on my computer. You would need to at least have a 5Ghz CPU to run that game at 100%, so I hope your joking if you ask if Killer Instinct 1 and 2 will be able to be played on XBOX MAME at 733Mhz/64MB of RAM. Like Bolch said, your best bet is to hope that the new n64 emulator in development works and supports KI Gold.

dOOt!  you are so totally wrong............i have a p3 933 with an original GeForce and i run ki at great frame rate with no slow down.  the problem is probably that u are using mame when there is a perfectly good emulator specifically for ki and ki2..........u64emu.  The x box could definately pull off these games if someone would port that emulator to the xbox.

Rollo

• Archived User
Killer Instinct
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2003, 08:29:00 AM »

There is a Killer Instinct rom for the snes emulator. I have it and play it.

It's ok... not the best.

Yeah it sux ass.........KI gold on the n64 ain't much better.

ark_angel

• Archived User
Killer Instinct
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2003, 09:01:00 AM »

well i have the snez Killer Instinct on my xsenz emulator
works fine 2
can i get a arcade emulator and rom bacause it would be better graphics

leisenstein

• Archived User
Killer Instinct
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2003, 08:31:00 PM »

I think Rare produced that one, and M$ just bought Rare.  I wonder if there is a Sequal in the works.  that was a great game at the arcade. unfortunately, the n64 version did not capture the great sound elements that made the game.

Novahux

• Archived User
Killer Instinct
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2003, 10:59:00 PM »

I have a SNES rom, its works on the PC, but not on the xbox.

VectorX

• Archived User
Killer Instinct
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2003, 02:41:00 AM »

There is a Killer Instinct 1 EMU on PC called U64EMU also that will play KI1. I've played it a few times on that. Haven't heard anything for Xbox though.

R0GER_M007RE

• Archived User
Killer Instinct
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2003, 01:46:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif