xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hal Input Problems With Openxdk  (Read 71 times)

d0wnlab

• Archived User
Hal Input Problems With Openxdk
« on: July 12, 2005, 07:01:00 AM »

you say that the samples work perfectly fine for you, but then in your own implementation it works finicky?

Same as what happens for me with that beta dashboard I released a week or so ago.  I'm trying to isolate the problem, haven't yet.

d0wnlab

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 09:46:00 AM »

precisely what happens with my dash on my xbox.

The samples don't do this, though, so I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing that makes initialization finicky.

d0wnlab

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 04:44:00 PM »

hah! that's _exactly_ what happens for me too, although I hadn't noticed it happen also with XLaunchXBE and the like, only the input.

Carcharius is the man to talk to about all this, and I'm guessing he's has or shortly is going to hit upon this thread.  He had mentioned the last time we talked that he had the suspicion that the current malloc() implementation isn't 100%, but afaik he hasn't figured out the issue with it (if any).

cxbe in linux had a bad bug in it about a week or so ago that made the certificate the incorrect size.  I've fixed it since, so you might want to check out a fresh copy of cxbe/Xbe.cpp and cxbe/Xbe.h from CVS.  It should solve problems related to reading the media flag.  I don't think it messed up the code execution or relocation since it'd probably have broken everything much worse and nothing would have worked at all (the header was 80 bytes too big due to a sizeof(wchar) difference between linux and windows).

Carcharius

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 11:20:00 PM »

I have noticed something similar in the past (some builds of apps not working properly).

Not really sure why it happens though.

I don't tend to do incremental builds (unless it's a quick test for typos etc), I always do full rebuilds if I'm going to run the xbe on the xbox.

So can I suggest that for a while you give it a try and do a full clean and rebuild for every xbe you try and see how that goes.