xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Softmod  (Read 988 times)

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Xbox Softmod
« on: August 18, 2013, 08:50:00 PM »

Sorry to ask this but are you absolutely sure?

Using Xplorer360 for the first time isn't what I'd describe as newbie intuitive. If you run it, it will just appear blank. You need to click on File and then select and click on the HDD/Memory card option. If it detects a connected FATX formatted storage device it will simply show up as Partition 0 in the left hand column. You need to Open that to display the contents.

majinshinsa

• Archived User
Xbox Softmod
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 07:14:00 AM »

it says that it cant detect a fatx partition for both of my memory cards.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
Xbox Softmod
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 07:18:00 AM »

connect your memory card to your xbox then go to the ms dash and try to access saves on that memory card. it will then format it..

you may need drivers for the pc to detect the usb controller device as a memory card..
never done it that way..

i always conected a usb to my xbox and used that like a memory card, not connect a memory card via a controller to a pc and use it like a usb device.

i think you need xbcd and xbmem
But i dont think that xbmem works on windows 7.. so you may want to try action replay drivers.
(you may get it to work if you force windows 7 to start in test mode. "google how to do that")
test mode will let you use all sorts of drivers that wont usually work.

(it would probaby be easier to make a USB to xbox controller port adapter, or splice a usb port directly to a controller port, and then use a old usb pen drive)

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Xbox Softmod
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 08:06:00 PM »

I was wondering whether it might indeed be a driver issue with the PC not recognising the actual USB device ie. the controller itself, is connected? It might just be being use as a mount for the memory card but if the controller is not being recognised then, surely, the memory card will not be recognised either.

WinXP > Start > Control Panel > Hardware & Other Devices > Game Controllers

I too use a flash drive with USB adapter rather than a memory card with controller adapter but from what I remember with the controller plus memory card attached the PC should detect it as a generic mass storage device. It should show up when you attach it, if you click on the Safe To Remove Hardware task icon or go into Device Manager.  

One thought; if it is being recognised as an attached mass storage device: is the memory card empty? I've no idea whether this will work but try putting some Xbox saves on it before using Xplorer360. It should recognise those as FATX format and if it still doesn't then that would suggest there is something else, maybe a driver, causing the problem.

majinshinsa

• Archived User
Xbox Softmod
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 10:02:00 PM »

the computer knows the controller is there (it tried to crash my computer when i hooked it up without the drivers >_<)  the memory cards were not detected with saves so thats when i wiped them clean on my xbox thinking it was the fact there were saves messing it up.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Xbox Softmod
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 06:09:00 AM »

That's a pity and I really don't know what to suggest other than the need as shambles180 suggested to find an appropriate driver.

Sorry, I wish I could have been more help.

majinshinsa

• Archived User
Xbox Softmod
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 09:48:00 PM »

ok i went to my windows xp machine and was finished in 5 minutes.  thanks guys smile.gif  it was my windows 7 machine wasnt installing the drivers for the memory card because they werent signed.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
Xbox Softmod
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 04:16:00 AM »

forcing windows 7 to start in test mode would have let you install the drivers.
its a huge pain in the backside though. dissabeling driver signing by pressing f8 on boot up could have possibly worked but in my expirience with windows 7 it simply isnt good enough to get full functionality from unsigned drivers.
so i would have advised "and did" forcind 7 to boot in test mode so windows dosent care about signed or un signed drivers or any of the associated files.

Glad you got it working.