xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My Game Freezes!  (Read 1034 times)

Cheerio

• Archived User
My Game Freezes!
« on: December 12, 2002, 11:19:00 AM »

n00bvin sayz.....

There are a LOT of posts about this game or that game freezing or not working...

MOST of the time it's because you've burned it a crazy way, or you're using Princos or your boiling your discs...

It's doing NO GOOD to post these things. No one will have a GOOD answer for you. Check the console-news.org or isonews.com forums for games that are having problems... sometime there ARE fixes, like Conflict Desert Storm.

I have EVERY game, and of those 2 have not worked (and it was probably my fault). I play EVERYTHING off the HDD. Hmmm... what does that tell me... burn process or media is EVERY failure.

I'll make a deal... stop posting the "freezing" or "locking" posts and when a game has a problem and a fix... I'll post it , or try to... or someone else will.

I would like to see this section be more about reviews and previews... I don't want to send you away... I want EVERYONE in these forums, but for the above type of posts... go to the sites I mentioned and have at it!  

SubBeast

• Archived User
My Game Freezes!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »

Newbie forum... No?

Surely as a newb this would be one of the most common questions. I've copied 70+ games, but am having problems now with EA games... There really isn't many places to help, I'm surprised I got quick responses here.

I only discovered about updating the ROM from here, and I've been copying and burning movies for 6 months on my modded xbox.

Hardly a "newbie" forum if you can't ask the most newbie of questions.

R3B0RN

• Archived User
My Game Freezes!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2002, 09:34:00 PM »

I would like to add i have every game also, burned on DVD and everything is working fine, for some games like said above you'll require a fix/repack/proper or maybe a PAL instead of NTSC or the otherway arround...

But there's no game out that doesn't work, yet again if you backupped your own games and your original is working fine you might wanna look into how you backupped your game because this could also cause a problem

Gumba

• Archived User
My Game Freezes!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 05:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (wildwild100s @ Dec 19 2003, 09:37 PM)
Well here is my issue, I can play games on disc and there isn't any problems, and hasn't been since February or so this year.  Well now all of a sudden my xbox freezes in between, loading or joining system link games. i.e. PGR2, or Rainbow Six 3.  I rencently updated my dash(evox 1.8.375) I've turned off the IGR completely and I still get the same issues. I have the 4977 bios, and I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I just rip them straight to the hdd from the backup or retail. So if you can help me out thanks, if you reply with a smart ass comment, thanks too, you still care!!

If you have a Xenium mod chip you might be having this problem

Complete Guide to Fixing the Xenium OS2 Beta and Pre-release Formatting/Xbox Live Bug V2 (5-10mins)

Introduction

The Xenium OS 2 Beta (and the Pre-Release on the ICE chips), has a bug in its drive formatting Tools. If you use XOS2 to prepare your HD, then you won't be able to run many Xbox Live games, instead they will freeze after the studio titles, or before them, or while loading the main game (depends on the game), even off the retail discs while booted with the retail bios (TSOP)!

To fix it you need to reformat your E partition with the EvolutionX dashboard's built in formatter, which is accessed via FTP, but you will not need to format your C, F or G drives. Not having to format C is a lot safer as you do not have to wipe your Xboxes operating system, not formatting F or G (if it exists) will save you LOTS of time (days) and frustration if you actually have anything on F or G smile.gif.

Guide
http://forums.xbox-s...5

smile.gif

wildwild100s

• Archived User
My Game Freezes!
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 12:41:00 PM »

Well here is my issue, I can play games on disc and there isn't any problems, and hasn't been since February or so this year.  Well now all of a sudden my xbox freezes in between, loading or joining system link games. i.e. PGR2, or Rainbow Six 3.  I rencently updated my dash(evox 1.8.375) I've turned off the IGR completely and I still get the same issues. I have the 4977 bios, and I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I just rip them straight to the hdd from the backup or retail. So if you can help me out thanks, if you reply with a smart ass comment, thanks too, you still care!!