xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fragging Xenium Ice Chips  (Read 1168 times)

Joes2Silly

• Archived User
Fragging Xenium Ice Chips
« on: September 13, 2011, 11:57:00 PM »

Just got my hands on two Xenium ice modchips, but they both seem to frag no matter what xbox I put them in. I tried booting them in recovery mode and regular mode on a 1.0, a 1.6, and a 1.4 without luck. Is there some way to reflash xenium OS to these chips? Another weird thing is both of these chips look different but it might just be two different batches. The first is a completely square cut PCB chip that is a white color with tan traces on the PCB and has the website "www.TeamXodus.com" printed on the back. The second is a more tan color PCB with darker tan traces that has some rounded edges and some sharp points where it looks like it wasn't cut right along with "www.ozXodus.com" printed on the back. Can anyone help me with fixing these chips or identifying them?

Joes2Silly

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »

Hmmm, haven't really had time but I've pretty much written off these two chips. I don't really think there is anything I can do to fix them

turfster

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »

You can try hotswapping with another working xenium. PM me. Maybe i can hotswap them for you. I have 3-4 working xeniums still...

Joes2Silly

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 11:49:00 PM »

I got a working xenium gold, would that work? Just boot up the working xenium and go to flash the OS and then hotswap the chip?

turfster

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »

Yeah that may work..cant hurt to try..

APE

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 02:32:00 AM »

FRAGing is far more indicative of the soldering job and not so much of the chip itself.

Joes2Silly

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(APE @ Sep 23 2011, 12:32 AM) View Post

FRAGing is far more indicative of the soldering job and not so much of the chip itself.

I've tested it in multiple xboxs that all boot fine with all my other modchips so I think thats not the problem. Anyway, I found the D0 harness and even the LED bar on this website but Im dubious about sending a check overseas. Has anyone had experience with this website before?

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 10:58:00 AM »

http://forums.xbox-s...hp/t150594.html

dont have any expirience personaly though.

Joes2Silly

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(shambles1980 @ Sep 27 2011, 08:58 AM) View Post

http://forums.xbox-s...hp/t150594.html

dont have any expirience personaly though.

Sounds great except that those posts were from 2004  blink.gif I emailed them so I'll see if they are still even in business... If not, the search continues!

Joes2Silly

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 08:26:00 PM »

Okay, I'm pretty sure I can just solder some wires to the back of the connector but I ran into a problem. One goes to the D0, and the other goes to and E point. Does anyone know where to solder this E wire?