xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenium Gold On 1.6 Won't Boot  (Read 880 times)

wedders

• Archived User
Xenium Gold On 1.6 Won't Boot
« on: September 29, 2010, 01:00:00 PM »

Hey guys.

So I've got this Xenium Gold SP, just trying to install it today for the first time...

The console is doing the (so I hear) common turning on briefly twice, then staying on flashing red and green (in recovery and normal mode). The lights on the solderless adaptor illuminate correctly (all five on with no chip, 2nd from end off when chip installed).

Now, the black base bit with the pogo pins that sits on the LPC has confused me slightly. I read somewhere "check the pogo pins", so I pulled out my multimeter and tested. They're all fine. What confused me is the wire extending from this which I thought was the d0 line apparently doesn't go through to any of the pins, and thus has no connection to the chip at all. To describe this black piece, looking at the pogo-pin side with the screw hole at the top, it is 8 pins high, 2 wide. The top-most right has no pogo or pin, just an empty hole, and the 2nd right has no pogo, but there is a pin on the reverse.
Eg,

O X <-- empty hole
O O
O O
O O
O O
O O
O X <-- pin, no pogo contact.
O O

What should this wire do?!

I read the Xenium uses pin 4 as d0, and I think the one with no pogo is pin 4, so... is that it? 10 second solder job?