xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live With Upgraded Hdd  (Read 50 times)

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
Xbox Live With Upgraded Hdd
« on: October 17, 2005, 05:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(3nigmat1c @ Oct 17 2005, 06:51 AM)
For some reason every time I do a HDD upgrade, I cannot get on XBOX live.  IT freezes whenever I try to access the network settings or when the game trys to access the network settings.  If I unplug the network cable and then press start i.e. Halo it doesn't freeze but the minute I go to Xbox live it does.  This has happened with multiple Xbox's and chips so i know neither of them are the problem, I've tried two HDDs, a 160 and a 40.  I can get on live with my original HDD but that's it.

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 07:10:00 PM »

If your EEPROM has never been on live, you shouldn't have to worry about this.  The bigger harddrive will be associated with the EEPROM when you sign on for the first time.

pezzar

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 12:41:00 PM »

no. when logging onto XBL many areas of the system are updated. the FATX partition has embedded data, the dash file gets updated and the eeprom/hdd marriage are recorded. you'll need a virgin eeprom to go with your big disk

thebeaz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 11:54:00 AM »

Since the original question was never answered, I'll go ahead and do that.

Live (and usually live-related games) will sometimes freeze consistently after a HD upgrade. Clear out your E:\CACHE folder.

That will fix it.

Now, the banned stuff still remains true.