xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Installing An Os On An Xbox With Xecuter3/or A New Os  (Read 1064 times)

T2Steve

• Archived User
Installing An Os On An Xbox With Xecuter3/or A New Os
« on: September 07, 2015, 01:39:00 PM »

you need to identify which bios you are using first. Since it is a X3 mod chip, there are bunch of options available. If you can navigate into your C:\ you should find a small text file that identifies the booting etc for your chip. Off the top of my head I don't remember what it is.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 05:24:00 PM »

It is a chipped machine with an installed working dash then why worry about the BIOS?

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 05:25:00 PM »

Apologies  - inexpicable double post.

GAMNINHERE

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 07:58:00 PM »

Hey thanx guys for replying so quick, i did gigure out that it is evox that is installed on my xbox, also its prob been sitting for a while, so its prob a pretty old version anyways yes i think it is xbmc that i would like to have, i see where its suggested to keep evox or get unleash as well, thats cool id like to do that as well, first i have to figure out how to FTP, yea i know i must sound really ignorant but it is what it is lol, i know it does have dvd2xbox on it so, i guess using that would prob be easiest huh? please send me a link to download xbmc, and steps to burn it toa dvd/ or cd, and then please stepsto install it to the xbox, if u dont mind, i would greatly appreciate it guys yall are awesome for helping out! I'm looking forwrd to hearing from someone ...peace

T2Steve

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 01:10:00 AM »

There are quite a few guides on how to FTP to your xbox. FTP is going to be the easiest way to get into/out of the box. you won't need to burn a CD if you FTP correctly. I'd still recommend finding out which BIOS you are running simply so that you know what config file you have setup. You could always put Evox as your 2nd boot device, and put 1st as XBMC, so if the installation goes wrong for whatever reason, it will still boot

GAMNINHERE

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 10:55:00 PM »

T2STEVE, thx for the reply, i will proceed to lookt up how to FTP, I guess ill go to youtube, and look 4 a tutorial. i can usually figure shit like this out lol, im not having luck withhacks lately, i actually came across a ps1/ps2 memory card adapter for the ps3, that has a standard usb jack that would allow you to plug it in to the ps3's usb hub, so u could use standard ps1/2 memory cards on the ps3's that had the emotion engine & could play ps2 games or all with ps1 games, anyways there is a program that you can download on the pc that will allow u 2 plug it in the pc usb port so it will recognize it, and then u can load free mcboot to it straight off the pc, well 2 make a long story short, (and not 2 be talkin bout the ps, in an xbox forum but anyways it almost gave my pc a virus , my virus protection caught it and it still wouldnt load cause it was missing a .dll, or something, jeez, im just saying in reference to all that im having a hard time with hacks, lol anyways ill try what u suggested, thx again all u guys, if any of u have anymore useful info 4 me, in trying this please feel free to comment all will be appreciated, i cant wait to utilize this Xecuter3, it sounds like it can be a beast of a piece of hardware

T2Steve

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 01:06:00 AM »

Most people use FlashFXP which comes with a free trial. You connect your xbox up to a router that your computer is also connected to and turn it on. Launch FlashFXP and go to connect, and select connect again. your username is XBOX and password is also XBOX (IIRC) and the port is 20.. once you have gained access you can take a look at the drives. the important drives are C, E, and F/G. 

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 08:47:00 PM »

FTPing can be fraught with difficulty setting it up initially and it usually doesn't go as smoothly as you'd like.

GAMNINHERE

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 10:27:00 PM »

O.K., Thanks guys for the help, I actually just got to a stopping point in the day to where i could sit down, and read you guys comments to see what i should start doing. Tomorrow, i will try FTPing, and see if i can grasp the concept, or see how my pc, and virus/malware,etc.programs respond to my attempt, if i see it may be difficult, or cause problems possibly, to my hard drive, i.e. such as me losing my os, or dashboard all together, then i may go with just trying the disc method. I do remember when browsing through various files on my XBOX, using my current os, it did state in one section i was browsing that i did have a Thompson dvd drive. In doing research so far pertaining to this project, I have read that certain XBOX drives, can be picky when it comes to reading some types/ formats of discs, or media. I know DVD is supposed to be the most common type all can read generally. I guess in saying that i should try a DVD disk shouldn't I? I just want to make sure before i start this process, with me being ignorant to doing most of this process, that i don't  corrupt, erase, or misplace any files, or programs I try to load, or that already exist on my dash. I'll probably attempt doing this tomorrow afternoon some time, so if you guys have any suggestions before i start or can give me a link, or tell me where to go to download the files ill need for the XBMC dash, or also which program is the best to use when burning disks for the XBOX, or any other helpful information you guys think i might need before starting, i'll make sure i come check the replies on the forum before starting.Again thx so much to both of you guys for all the help so far, and i can assure you, I will be one person that will really use, and enjoy this machine once i get it up and running like i want.Wish me luck. and again i'll check the posts before starting whichever process i use tomorrow, ...peace 

T2Steve

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 10:21:00 AM »

Lots of Respect for Fallen Angel, I've never ran into a problem with FTP.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 06:14:00 AM »

I didn't mean to make FTPing sound more dangerous than it is. Excluding the BIOS matter, with a chipped machine you'd have to mess up big time to cause yourself any serious problems. In fact I can't think how you'd be able accidentally dig yourself into a hole that you couldn't extract yourself from because of the receovery options available when using a chip.