xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Opinions For: X3 + Flash Bios 3.0.03  (Read 763 times)

JSP62

• Archived User
Opinions For: X3 + Flash Bios 3.0.03
« on: April 05, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »

Hello Forum Members,

It has been a very long time since being active on the forums, even more for a legend system and chip that isn't the latest and greatest.  I hope that members will be able to help me with suggestions and opinions.

Story:
I recently sold my Xbox 1 modded with a X3 chip through CL.  Everything worked fine and I made sure the person who purchased it tested it before leaving.  Again no issues.  I get a call the following day that the Flash Bios 3.0.3 program screen comes up and when the person powers on/off the Xbox, they get the OEM error screen (not sure what error code #).

My thoughts:
Because there were no issues previously and we tested together, I have no reason to believe anything was wrong with it before he took it and left.  He did mention he had another modded Xbox that broke, because he accidentally deleted his EEPROM.  He said he was going to try to fix it by hooking my hard drive to his broken Xbox or his hard drive to my working Xbox.  I didn't really much care what he was trying to do.

Long story short, because it has been so long since I have modded or configured an Xbox 1 (partly because I didn't use it anymore), I need to understand why/how a Flash Bios 3.0.3 screen would appear.  I find it hard to believe this screen would come up when plugging in an "untouched" Xbox.  I suspect he was trying to do something and in the process broke my just sold functioning Xbox.

Any opinions you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks for reading.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »

The X3 has Flashbios as its backup, and you get access to it by powering on the Xbox with the power+eject buttons at the same time. You might also have flashed it to one of the banks, and he could have been fiddling with the switches so he's booting from that bank.

So, some questions for you: Which BIOS did you have on there, and on which bank?

And for your buyer, ask him what colour the X symbol on the switch panel is, and what he sees on the screen (including the error number), when he powers up using the following three methods:
- short press on power button
- long press on power button
- power+eject together

Also ask him how the switches on the switch bank are set, and if he has changed any of them.

JSP62

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 12:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 5 2013, 02:23 PM) *

The X3 has Flashbios as its backup, and you get access to it by powering on the Xbox with the power+eject buttons at the same time. You might also have flashed it to one of the banks, and he could have been fiddling with the switches so he's booting from that bank.

So, some questions for you: Which BIOS did you have on there, and on which bank?

And for your buyer, ask him what colour the X symbol on the switch panel is, and what he sees on the screen (including the error number), when he powers up using the following three methods:
- short press on power button
- long press on power button
- power+eject together

Also ask him how the switches on the switch bank are set, and if he has changed any of them.

Thank you so much for responding and helping.  We are meeting tomorrow and he is coming back with the Xbox.  I told him to bring his broken Xbox too.  I hope to resolve it.  What a headache!  This guy has been phone/text blasting ever since selling it.  He said he was tech savy . . . apparently not.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again Heimdall.

This post has been edited by JSP62: Apr 5 2013, 07:39 PM