xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pics To Help Identify Modchip?  (Read 1243 times)

browll

• Archived User
Pics To Help Identify Modchip?
« on: March 17, 2013, 01:42:00 PM »

hi. i was wondering if anyone knew of a site with pics for older type xecuter modchips? i need to determine that the chip i have in my old xbox i purchased pre modded in 2002 is actually an xecuter like the guy who sold it to me told me it was.
 other old chips made before that don't seem to support installing larger hard drives. i don't know of any other way to check what chip i have other than to open the cosole and look but i cant find pics of genuine xecuters.
 i expect it to be an xecuter 1.0 or 1.1. i want to confirm i have a compatible chip before changing attempting to change the hard drive and mess the xbox up or something.
 any help would be great guys. i'm new to this upgrading the xbox stuff unfortunatly (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 01:59:00 PM »

Start here.

It's not older chips that don't support larger hard drives, it's the BIOSes they contain. If the chip can be reflashed then you can install a new BIOS, if not then you can still install a larger hard drive, but you have to use PBL to load the new BIOS before you load your dashboard.

Work out which chip you have, then you'll know what options are available to you and we'll be able to help you install your new hard drive.

browll

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 02:08:00 PM »

cheers for the reply (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) i'm currently waiting on my torx screwdriver set to arrive so i can open up the console and check the chip itself. in the meantime would bioschecker booted from dvd drive be safe to use as a another possibility to find out the bios version? the reason i ask is because i have visited the section that you linked last night and it's very informative but there don't seem to be any pics of older type chips on there for me to make a visual comparison (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 02:15:00 PM »

BIOSChecker is an excellent idea. From memory v5.00 is the latest version.

There are loads of pictures of older chips - at the bottom of each table there are clickable links.......

browll

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 02:26:00 PM »

oh yeah your right. i don't know how i missed the clicky links lol. if bioschecker fails to detect my bios at least i can visually check it when my torx come back. thanks a lot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

browll

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 06:35:00 AM »

i burned bios checker and xbox wouldnt play it. so i patched the xbe and burned again and it still wouldn't work.
 guess i will wait and compare the chip to pics after all. i wil let you know my findings when the torx arrives.

i had to double post because i could not find a edit modify post option sad.gif

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 07:24:00 AM »

Edit locks out after ~30 minutes.

FTP BIOSChecker to your Xbox. If you insist on burning to disc, use Qwix to make the iso, and make sure you use DVD-R, burned at 4x or slower. DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 is a good, free iso image burner.

browll

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 08:04:00 AM »

i used c-xbox tool to build iso and burned with imageburn. whats best wat to ftp to console with no alt dash installed ?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 08:55:00 AM »

If you don't have a hacked dash then you can't FTP to the Xbox unless you can load a boot disc, like HeXEn. Again, you need to burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower or the Xbox won't read it.

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Mar 18 2013, 03:56 PM

browll

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 10:54:00 AM »

i already downloaded the latest auto installer deluxe disk a few days back. does that allow ftp to xbox? if not i will get the HeXEn one. i've never had trouble burning games or emulators to disk but some i had to patch with xbe patcher for my xbox. for some reason the bioschecker didn't work either way.
 i've heard good things about the AID disk but also very good things about HeXEn. i think i would rather use the most noob friendly one tbh.

browll

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 08:56:00 AM »

screwdrivers came back. opened the xbox. the chip is as suspected the same as the pics of xecuter 1.0 or 1.1.
 the bios chart says this chip supports hdswap but not lba48 for larger drives. will i be limited to a 120g hd or does phoenix bios loader help me get around that issue. i have two hard drives available. a 160gb WD or a 500GB maxtor. i think the maxtor would be beter if i can use the full size. otherwise i will use the 160g WD.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »

It's not the chip that supports disk features, it's the BIOS on the chip. If the chip is flashable then you can reflash a new BIOS, if not then you need to use PBL to load a new BIOS after the Xbox has booted. I can't get to the chip / BIOS table from work to see if yours is flashable, but I'm sure the information is there if you look.....

browll

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 02:52:00 PM »

the modchip section says xecuter 1.0 and 1.1 are gen 3a non flashable lpc mods. i guess i will have to use that phoenix bios loader after all. how does it work? does PBL install as the first thing that loads from the hard drive allowing you to select a bios from menu?

tbb033

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 03:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Mar 18 2013, 09:55 AM) View Post

If you don't have a hacked dash then you can't FTP to the Xbox unless you can load a boot disc, like HeXEn. Again, you need to burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower or the Xbox won't read it.

I've always had better luck with RW than -R. If it's small enough even better to use CDRW. Probably depends on the drive (Thomson in my case), but something else to try if you absolutely need to burn a disc and just can't get it to run.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2020, 06:15:00 AM »

Well, that makes you the one in a few million. For everybody else DVD-RW simply doesn't work at all.

Stick to DVD-R.
Pages: [1] 2