xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X3IR Manager v1.2 and New Guides  (Read 64 times)

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
X3IR Manager v1.2 and New Guides
« on: February 08, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »

They've been talking about it for long enough.  Finally you can buy them.  I just ordered mine.

africamagical

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »

ok, so not to be a joy kill, but after looking forward to this thing for a couple months
im wondering why i wouldnt buy an xerc,
the basic xerc does what this thing does, not to mention the cme does waaaaay more, yet still costs 20 as supposed to 30!

i do like the idea of it being integrated into the x3 chip and control panel i have, but i dont think i like it 30 dollars much

crewx

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 01:48:00 PM »

Sorry I dont set the price - thats the resellers. However i do believe at $30 it came bundled with an X3 Pro Switch ?

anyway ive asked them to lower

regarding the mod - its custom designed for xecuter products and is a much cleaner build quality and easy to install and accomodate into the X3CP or X3 pro Switch. Also the software has pretty advanced learning features which gets over looked sometimes.

ive not seen this Xerc CME before -  ill check it out and if i feel there are any other features that can be added i'll try to find the time to do it - tbh with you Im not very active in Xbox stuff theese days thats why things seem to have wound down a little. Our coders are too fat and lazy to do any hardcore work atm smile.gif

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 08:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Xecuter @ Feb 8 2006, 08:55 PM) View Post

Sorry I dont set the price - thats the resellers. However i do believe at $30 it came bundled with an X3 Pro Switch ?

I never got a pro switch when I bought mine last week??. I also cant seem to get mine to work properly with my v1.6 box. Might just be my dodgy install but the safety off feature wont work correctly and it goes off with just one press?.

QUOTE(mastiff34 @ Feb 9 2006, 01:42 AM) View Post

That picture in step one, is that the back of the xbox power connector on the MB ?

Can't wait for mine to arrive!

blink.gif

Yes its the underside of the mobo where the power connector plugs in.

greengiant

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 03:24:00 AM »

I would assume almost any IR remote will work, thats the point of the programmer and learning functionality right ?

I know the media center remote uses similar codes to the original xbox remote, and the xir works with it. So my guess is it probably will work with the x3ir.

got an x3ir to play with, for the alladin control its not a super simple todo fix, but its considered super simple.

since you need to hold eject to turn off modchip,  reverse the 2 wires going to the x3 "splicer"  (as they call it in the pdf guide). Then the X3ir will control eject, as if it where power.

Works great with my homemade alladin.

PeterPopper

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 06:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(Grilla @ Feb 11 2006, 09:07 PM) View Post

I just installed my IR mod last night and ran into a couple of things that may be worth noting.

#1.  After unpacking the X3IR manager I got an error message saying that a file was missing or damaged (mscomm32.ocx).  I found this file via everyone’s friend Google; the link is below.

http://www.martin2k....xs/mscomm32.zip

I placed the unzipped file in c:\windows\system32 and the program seemed to load fine.

#2 Now that the program has been loaded, I cannot retrieve the firmware info from the IR programmer. I double checked all my connections and com port assignments but still can’t seem to connect.  Has anyone else had this problem or am I just stuck thinking in a box? (no pun intended)

You need to disconnect the power cable from your Xbox, plug the X3IR into your PC, plug the power cable back in and then get the settings. Don't switch the Xbox on!

Once you have written the settings unplug the xbox power cable, disconnect X3IR from your PC and wait 10 seconds for the X3IR capacitor to clear. Plug Xbox cable back in and it should work as expected.

Chilly_Willy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 07:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(PeterPopper @ Feb 13 2006, 03:06 PM) View Post

You need to disconnect the power cable from your Xbox, plug the X3IR into your PC, plug the power cable back in and then get the settings. Don't switch the Xbox on!

Once you have written the settings unplug the xbox power cable, disconnect X3IR from your PC and wait 10 seconds for the X3IR capacitor to clear. Plug Xbox cable back in and it should work as expected.

I had the same problem, I got the "Unable to retrieve firmware version" error. But when using this precise method it worked!

dtw_2005

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 10:38:00 PM »

ok, i have
 -xecuter 3
 -x3ir
 -x3cp
 -mircrosoft dongle

I was wondering if anyone has hardwired the dvd dongle to the xbox and merged the x3ir into it like the xecr install guitde http://pablot.com/files/xerc_users_manual....%20install' but also  using a 4PDT (4 pole double throw) 12V relay to the 4th port so that hooking up to controller or usb device will switch it to the controller/usb, similar to the tutorial in the tutorial section http://www.xbox-scen...-dvd-dongle.php  In other words, i am hopeing someone can guide me through merging those 2 tutorials.  Also, this is not as important, but xecuter did say the x3ir would work w/ any modchip, so id like to rewire the x3ir to do mod on = short press and mod off = eject ... i never want to boot w/ modchip off, but if i could set it up like i mentioned, then i could take advange of that to have a remote control eject button to open and close the eject tray.  I know i can do that w/ keymap in xbmc, but i just think it'd be cool utilizing it for any program.  This is going to rock if i can get this installed like i am imagining it.  Oh, and FYI those who don't know what jp1 remotes are ... you should check them out ... http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/   A jp1 remote in conjunction with xbmc's keymapping lets you do any and everything via your remote ... you just have to tinker with the keymap and programming the remote.  Thanks

rdwheeler

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 08:15:00 PM »

Well, I've bought the X3IR and hooked it up but I got no joy! I can read codes from the programmer and turn the xbox on and off but XBMC doesn't respond to the remote through the X3IR. Works fine through the dongle. What am I missing?

modslave

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(rdwheeler @ Jun 28 2006, 02:51 AM) View Post

Well, I've bought the X3IR and hooked it up but I got no joy! I can read codes from the programmer and turn the xbox on and off but XBMC doesn't respond to the remote through the X3IR. Works fine through the dongle. What am I missing?

This is because the X£IR does not work the rest of your remote.  It is only used to power your xbox on and off

leftkidney

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 03:51:00 AM »

I am using the USB method and all I get is the "unable to read..."

I have followed every thing here and still get nothing

if I press the "Read Settings" the blue light on the connector dims a little and after I press the "OK" on the error message the light goes back to normal

and the serial connector I havent tried but I do have it just ot the cable - this shouldnt be a problem since the USB one should work fine and I can get it to say "X3IR not found" if I change the settings to "X3IR is installed in XBOX (self powered)" so it must be able to see the IR but not retreive the info from it

how do I do this