xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: N00b Alert: Is Spider Chip Mod Worth My While?  (Read 891 times)

yelloguy

• Archived User
N00b Alert: Is Spider Chip Mod Worth My While?
« on: February 26, 2008, 09:44:00 AM »

I bought a used xbox (mfg: feb 2003) yesterday and the previous owner happened to have an unused Spider chip which he gave me.  I wanted to do a soft mod using Splinter Cell exploit so I can run XBMC and use the xbox in my entertainment center.

The only thing I don't have for doing a soft mod is the Action Replay card reader and the memory card.  Alternatively I can order a female USB adapter cable and transfer the game save using a USB Flash drive.

On the other hand, I have everything for the chip mod and I am thinking about trying that first.  However, I need some held with that:

- How do I find my XBOX version without opening it first?
- Where do I get the firmware for the mod chip?  All the links provided in old posts are dead/404 now.
- Is there any benefits to doing one or the other?  Is chip mod risky?
- Since Spider chip is discontinued, would it be advisable to use it?

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 05:52:00 AM »

Forget the spiderchip, do a softmod with splinter cell. Once done it works the same as a chip  !

Much better than a spider actually !

capboy210

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 10:50:00 PM »

Spider chip is one of the worst chips made for the xbox. It will be handy to use if your softmod messes up, but otherwise just use the softmod.

(sorry i know this post is old but i thought it would help)

pandora0816

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 07:14:00 PM »

Especially after health care reform. Might be the only way we get paid.

----------
"Sometimes when I reflect back on
ed hardy t shirtsall the wine I drink I feel shame. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the vineyards and all of their hopes and dreams . If I didn't drink this wine, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this wine and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."