xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Author Topic: Connecting A Lcd To An Xbox  (Read 129 times)

alysher

Connecting A Lcd To An Xbox
« on: March 08, 2013, 01:47:01 PM »

pardon me if my question is redundunt, stupid, or outlandish, but is it possible to attach a lcd screen from a laptop(with the inverter) to a xbox?

i happen to have a spare LCD with the inverter lying around  and was wondering if i were to strip the connector from the end were it plugs into the motherboard of the laptop if the pinout would be the same as a VGA connector.

if so then my only issue is hooking up the inverter, and if any one has any helpful points on that i would be apreaciative

ttsgeb

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 08:28:17 PM »

Yes, you can use a laptop screen with an xbox. Not it's not that simple.
http://forums.xbox-s...o...42127&st=15

I had to spend $60 on parts in order to make this happen.
Part One: Component Video to VGA Converter: $25
Part Two: Custom programed VGA to LVDS interpreter: $30
Part Three: Power Supply: $5

The xbox simply does not output a signal usable by the laptop screen, but luckily you can find converters.
I used a company called NJYTouch from ebay for the VGA-LVDS converter, and I'm pretty sure I've linked to my VGA mod method in that thread, and have certainly posted it elsewhere.

It is possible, though. Which is cool.

alysher

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 01:06:26 PM »

thanks ttsgeb, that helps me out a bit. since im actually building a YPbPr to VGA transcoder all i will need is the VGA to LVDS interpreter. and power supply said interpreter. and since im NOT going to slimline it i sould have plenty of extra room  in the case to put the extra board, mount up the screen and such.

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 17 queries.