xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Disable Write-protection On A Duox3?  (Read 902 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User
How To Disable Write-protection On A Duox3?
« on: January 05, 2012, 10:08:00 AM »

It sounds as though Eurasia has done you a favour! There is no such thing as a "1.6 bank", and there is no second BIOS bank on the DuoX3 - the DuoX3 is a cheap clone that only has one 256kb bank.

If you want to flash iND-BIOS.5003 to your single bank then try using HeXEn (Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc) to flash your chip - it has support for more chip types.

Milka2009

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 06:58:00 AM »

Hi again,

because I can't edit my last post I have to create a new one.

I just tried to flash using HeXEn. The Disc guided me through the menu and finally I chose my BIOS size and which BIOS I want to flash. Then I pressed Y and it stuck on "Erasing."...like with SlaYers 2.7... -.- After a few minutes the screen dimmer is activated. How can I disable Write Protection?! Please help me out.... I tried EvoX (SlaYers 2.7 and HeXEn) and EurAsia 1.3! Nothing helps...

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 05:49:00 PM »

According to this post, people have had success with something called the Spiderchip Re-Flash CD. You can still get this disc from xbins.

The ISO does not contain iNDbios, so you will have to extract the ISO and slip in the iNDbios that you would like to use, and then rebuild the ISO with Qwix or Craxtion and burn it.

Try this and see if it works.

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »

Ok, I got a couple more ideas. Did you check to make sure, when flashing with an evox based flasher, that the 004B is located in the evox.ini as a flash type?

See this post, as this post indicates this as a possible issue and also that there could be a misconfiguration on the chip itself, such as a misplaced solder blob.

Also, some modchips had a feature where you had to turn the xbox on a certain way to disable flash protection, such as holding the power button for longer than one second when powering on. The front light on the xbox would glow yellow or red to indicate that write protect was turned off.

MrMajst3r

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 01:20:00 AM »

I have exactly the same problem. I can't flash the DuoX3. It's piece of sh..