xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox Solution  (Read 279 times)

stephace

• Archived User
Duox Solution
« on: February 24, 2008, 04:33:00 PM »

Hi all! I just got a v.1.3 box with a DuoX in it. Switch with power button so modchip enabled, blue xbox logo comes in and xecuter2 under it. The interesting part is, just the normal dashboard comes in and it reads copied games as well but nothin else and no evox on it neither. Weird isn't it? If someone could then please help us. Thanx very much

Chancer

• Archived User
Duox Solution
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »

The fact it is chipped does not alter the dashboard at all.
You need to install an alternate dashboard. The easiest way is to obtain an Auto installer (Slayers or AID)
Install whichever dash you prefer

stephace

• Archived User
Duox Solution
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 12:21:00 PM »

Thanx Chancer for the answering. Actually I have the latest AID but the thing is that this box has a duo x chip in it but does not read nothing except the original games and the copies as well. But if I put an original dvd in it says the box can not recognize this disc. Weird. So I do not know how to put stuffs on it hence this problem. I can not uderstand how is this possible to play copied games but nothing else. If you know the answer please help. Thanks in advantage.

Chancer

• Archived User
Duox Solution
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 03:31:00 PM »

Most likely the laser is picky about media. I would get Slayers 2.7 (just in case the AID ISO is bad) and burn that to a DVD-R and give it a go.

stephace

• Archived User
Duox Solution
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »

I have tried slayers 2.7 but still not recognize. Im really stocked. Do not know what to do. Never experienced similar. Do you? Probably the chip is damaged or somthing is wrong with it. Thanks anyway mate.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Duox Solution
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 10:51:00 PM »

There is nothing wrong with your chip.  Burn the aid or slayers disc to the same media as your working backups.  It is almost certainly a laser issue as Chancer has already said.

stephace

• Archived User
Duox Solution
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 12:17:00 PM »

I have tried another dvd rom as well and different sort of medias but still not recognizes them. Something else maybe what could help?
 Thanks.

stephace

• Archived User
Duox Solution
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 04:22:00 AM »

Hello again! I have tried to copy a backup on to the same madia I burnt the slayers and it reads it bang on. Just the slayers and the AID disc is crapy. Im gonna try it I will not give up, and thanx any suggestions folks.

Chancer

• Archived User
Duox Solution
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 10:30:00 AM »

Only possibility is you are burning the image as a data disc.
Use IMGBURN to burn the image and see if that helps

stephace

• Archived User
Duox Solution
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 11:24:00 AM »

I burnt with that and it is Working!!!!!
Thanx, Thanx Thanx mate I really apreciate it thanx! biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif