xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox2 Problem  (Read 59 times)

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
Duox2 Problem
« on: February 08, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »

I installed a DUOX2 on a 1.6B box the other day.  I think that we have a loose connection somewhere, but I'm not sure where. The red flashing light on the chip does nothing.  We were able to tinker with it and get it to try to boot, but it wouldn't go to the flashbios screen.  I used a LPC rebuild board.  Any insight as to which point might be bad?

jitster

• Archived User
Duox2 Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 12:17:00 PM »

Check the LPC Rebuild Board, Make sure its having good contact with the Xbox Motherboard

Julius Pleaser

• Archived User
Duox2 Problem
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »

This is why the rebuild boards suck.  You can't troubleshoot them very well cause you can't see under them, etc.
  Check that all your solder points are perfect (Ie. no cold joints, solder crossing 2 traces, or not connecting a via to the rebuild board).  You might need to remove the rebuild board and do it with wires.
  What do you get when you try to boot?  Does it frag, go to MS dash like there is no mod chip?  If it just acts like it is off, then check your D0.

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
Duox2 Problem
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »

It just boots to the MS dash like the chip is off.  You think it's the DO?

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
Duox2 Problem
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 05:29:00 PM »

Now it boots 3 times and then frags with the chip seated.  If we unseat the chip, it goes to the MS dash.

Julius Pleaser

• Archived User
Duox2 Problem
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 08:53:00 PM »

now that it frags, does the red light flash on the DuoX2?  That means your fixed the soldering with the D0, but now that it gets to your lpc, it is telling you the soldering on the lpc is no good.  check your soldering there.

novakpower

• Archived User
Duox2 Problem
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 10:32:00 PM »

I agree, its a LPC problem.  I only use wire for the LPC rebuild.  Take your time and look at each joint on the LPC board.  A little flux on the joint followed by a quick touch of the iron may be all you need to reflow a cold joint.  Good luck.