xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Been A Long Time, Need A Lil Help  (Read 1007 times)

Vulrath

• Archived User
Been A Long Time, Need A Lil Help
« on: July 16, 2009, 09:28:00 AM »

So many many many moons ago i chipped my xbox with an x-chip. i used evox 1.6 if i remember correctly. i also have avalaunch installed on it. Well i was thinking about reformatting my HD and startinng over with an updated dashboard. However when i go to avalaunch dashboard and i go to the HD tools theres an area where you can highlight the feature of locking the HD. right next to it it says (click to toggle) well when i click it , the screen flashes very quickly once and nothing happens. For any of you that may know why this is and how i can unlock the drive , that would be very helpful. I will search the forums some more, but thanks in advance for any help you can provide. If anyone has any suggestions for starting over.....i.e.(  better apps to install, better managment tools, ect.) then the ones i got years ago that would be great too. thanks again!

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »

There's no need to unlock your hard drive just to wipe it clean & reinstall everything.

Get a hold of Auto Installer Deluxe (AID), burn to disc, then use their menus to format your hard drive and reinstall dashboards, apps, and emulators.

Vulrath

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 05:15:00 PM »

Hmm well i tried to wipe it twice, and my pcprograms all say its locked, and while on the xbox it will not let me do anything until i unlock the drive..... i would like to save some info from it , so im going back to the forums to search around for a way to do this. thanks for your suggestion!

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 05:47:00 PM »

Suit yourself. Apparently I know nothing about consoles....  blink.gif

Vulrath

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 07:18:00 PM »

Nah man , i didnt mean offense, i was just trying to say i will try to do some footwork instead of how most people just get other people to do it for them. Any advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

crap, i didnt see the part in there about using their menus to format it. ill try that! thanks again, sorry if sounded like a jerk, i really didnt mean anything by it

This post has been edited by Vulrath: Jul 17 2009, 02:37 AM

sharer

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »