xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Evox With X-chip  (Read 863 times)

cowboyjak224

• Archived User
Evox With X-chip
« on: February 07, 2007, 01:30:00 AM »

Do I need to still put evox on a cd with the x-chip and what is the x-chip process to get evox on it ne way?

pricemeista33

• Archived User
Evox With X-chip
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »

Try to be as clear as possible when asking questions for there should be clarity in what you need.  Check the forums out in the pinned sections to get you started.  Look at the top of the pages, there are sections called "Tutorial Sections" or "tut" for short.  The links are sometimes followed by numbered little white boxes.  They represent the number of pages of that particular link.  So go get started and read!

Mab1376

• Archived User
Evox With X-chip
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 10:25:00 PM »

i tried slayers 2.7 installer many times with no success, i cant get the damn disc to boot

i just installed the x-chip with v1.3 bios on a v1.4 console with a new 160GB Seagate HDD.

i know its installed correctly because i get the new splash screen and can enter into the setup by hitting start, but it wont boot the disc, just gets the service required splash.

any ideas?

i tried memorex cd-rw phillips cd-r and sony dvd-r all at 4x with no luck

pricemeista33

• Archived User
Evox With X-chip
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »

Make sure that you are using a "Philips DVD ROM" which seems to work best when it comes to reading media of all types.  Many times it's just the DVD Rom that can't or will not read certain media.  The Thompson drive is very picky on what it will read.  The Sammy drive will read quite a few types of media but I like the Philips over all!  Something as simple as that can ruin your whole day trying to figure out what the heck is wrong.

tyler89

• Archived User
Evox With X-chip
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 08:28:00 AM »

i got a problem with my x-chip it will not load the bios installed ive checked all the D0 wire connection and the seating of the chip which is all ok i then tryed it in my 1.6 xbox rebuilt the LPC ports and installed evox 1.3-1.6 bios which loaded in that so i changed it all again and it still will not load in my 1.5 xbox it will only boot to ms dash or sometimes frags any suggestions?

gixie

• Archived User
Evox With X-chip
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »

Most likely, it is a connection problem...Check your solder points and try again