xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Usb Pinout  (Read 875 times)

APE

• Archived User
Usb Pinout
« on: May 30, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »

I got a broken xbox off ebay that had an X-Bit chip in it but no external board to plug into USB with so I hacked it up and got it to work!

Looking at the chip with the two plugs labeled Y and B orient the chip so that the plugs are away from you. Y should be on the left, B on the right. Ignore B as it is intended for use with dipswitches but without the board I can't figure it out without risking killing something.

The pin on the far left isn't used. The one to its right is ground (black), then D+ (green), then D- (white), then 5v (red). Simply solder wires from a USB cable using the color scheme to those pins and it'll show up as a DK3200 dev board. The X-Bit software will let you flash it just fine but it had command problems on my ASUS P5N-D mobo. However my old Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop worked just fine, then again it is 9 years old. Your mileage will vary, if it doesn't work try a different USB chipset.

Also the X-Bit software for the 1.5 chips is rather hard to find due to DMS's website being down.

http://web.archive.o...XBIT15winxp.exe

But you can grab it there. Mine was an older chip and the software is readily available on google.

Cheers!