xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Anyone Still Selling The X-b.i.t.?  (Read 838 times)

hfelsh

• Archived User
Anyone Still Selling The X-b.i.t.?
« on: May 30, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »

I'm trying to find anyone who still has at least ONE (hopefully two) DMS X-B.I.T. chips left for sale.  I just picked up another Xbox (v1.4, possibly 1.5), and want to mod it as well.  I love the X-B.I.T. - it's cheap, does everything I want, and is really, REALLY easy to install solderless.

To those who say "solderless sux" or that the X-B.I.T. was "unreliable", I personally have a 1.0 Xbox that's been running one for over 4 years now (it has the original X-B.I.T. in it.)  My kids have one as well, running for the same amount of time. Their Xbox finally died (fist the power supply, the the mobo went.)  I picked up another Xbox, moved the chip & HDD to the new(er) Xbox, and they're done.  Took me about half an hour total.  Several of my friends had me mod their Xbox's with them as well, no issues.

I really don't want to look into another chip, but I will if I have to. unsure.gif

robpury

• Archived User
Anyone Still Selling The X-b.i.t.?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 10:26:00 AM »

Same here I'm looking for two or more x-bit chips too. Probably will buy more than two since they are so hard to find now. I love the x-bit too, and the people that are complaining about the x-bit need to follow a few rules...................

1st: Use the 1.5 flash software when flashing a 1.5 chip, DUH. The old 1.0 software will not work and you will have errors. Download from http://www.dms3.com/
2nd: Unplug all USB devices (even keyboard and mouse; use ps/2 connections) This avoids no connection issues and random errors while flashing
3rd: Clean/scrape off the d0 points with a very small tipped screwdriver, nail, or thumbtack.

Besides the obvious dip switch settings, wire hookups, and the right .bin file/size(I'm using evox m8plus.bin) these three tips are by far the most important to remember when flashing and installing an x-bit 1.5. This chip will work on all 1.0-1.5 XBOX models solderlessly and the 1.6 with an adapter (or soldered).

ANYWAY someone please help us find more x-bits. thanx.