xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My Xbit Is Giving Me Problems, Please Help  (Read 151 times)

dreadlocked

• Archived User
My Xbit Is Giving Me Problems, Please Help
« on: August 11, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »

heres exactly, what ive done, from start to finish, i have the v 1.5 xbit, in my box, which is marked 2003 01 04 .. ive been playing it no problem , for months on end, and just recently, it turns green then the red, at TIMES i would unplug the back cord plug it back, and it would work , but now it doesnt at all,

i have attempted to flash it ,. using xbit xp 1.5          . i go into the last bank, meaning 6, and i go in to BIOS 5   256k,, i click write, open up ,  x2   4983   0 6.

and it goes all the way to 256k ,and reads DONE, i disconnect, and now start up the xbox, Same thing is happening, there may be something up with  the  BIos...
im not sure how to use the dipswitches in the back, so i may have it set up wrong, But

basically, ihave explained what ive DONE, to tryt to get my xbox back and running, PLEASE tell me if theres anythiung im missing, doing wrong, anything i SHOULD do, i tried to include as much as possible in details what i have done, PLease corrrect me, If im wrong, THanks ALOt

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 11:48:00 AM »

The problem is with the mod chip, mostly connection problems with the d0 point.  It happened to my xbox too until I pulled out my xbit chip and got a duox2 instead.

dreadlocked

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 05:52:00 PM »

so by removing the chip, the xbox will reboot normally?

madsci1016

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 06:00:00 PM »

what kind of install is it? pogo pin installs can become loose and cause fragging.