xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Intermittent Problems With Xbit Chip...  (Read 124 times)

pug_ster

• Archived User
Intermittent Problems With Xbit Chip...
« on: August 01, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »

Okay, just installed the xbit modchip about a few weeks ago and it worked like a charm.  Once in a while when I turn on the xbox it would boot as if the modchip is disabled.  Then I turned it off and turn it back on again, and it booted up with the modchip enabled.

Some other time, it would boot up where I see the green light blink 2 times, and it would frag without any display in the screen.  Turn it off and on a few times and it would be fine.

Somehow what I got the consensus here is that this modchip sucks and I am thinking of just getting a cheap duox2 soldered instead.  Oh I got an xbox 1.0 and I didn't solder the chip... Thanks.

This post has been edited by pug_ster: Aug 1 2005, 10:02 PM

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 03:38:00 PM »

Thats definately a loose connection at the d0 point. Just re-install, and screw the chip down tightly and hope it stays like that. A wider screw might help aswell.

If that doesnt work for you, a DuoX2 is about £14, and would cost you around £20 to get installed - probably worth it if the xbit just wont stay put.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 09:40:00 AM »

The thing is that I also had a matrix solderless modchip and I never have any issues with that chip.

Thanks, I might have to resort to that.  There's a local installer who is willing to install the duox2 chip for $35 with the chip.  I might as well go for that...

This post has been edited by pug_ster: Aug 3 2005, 04:43 PM