xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: My Canada-themed Xbox  (Read 509 times)

snow rider221

• Archived User
My Canada-themed Xbox
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2006, 12:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(Corey420 @ Mar 11 2006, 08:33 AM) View Post

Im from st albert too, and you should get an xerc so you can have red and white fading lights

you can fade led's with the led fader and darlington transistor from sickmods... you dont need the xerc

Mattybass

• Archived User
My Canada-themed Xbox
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2006, 07:46:00 AM »

I don't really wanna fade the leds though. I want to make a chaser in the jewl between red and white leds. I think i'll get an xerc anyway cuz i wanna make some sound reactive leds too.

Anyway today I think I will cut a matching hole in the top right. I want it to match the bottom left hole, since it seems a little lonely.  tongue.gif  Can you buy jewels that are completely clear? Like just clear discs? I might have to get one of those. Unless I can find a maple leaf picture online to trace onto the jewel that will incorporate the Xbox Logo, then just sand the outline of it into the jewel. That would be pretty cool.  smile.gif  I think that is what I will do. Then I will keep the red and white LED idea, to make them switch from Red to white every second or so under the jewel.

I will then paint the giant X white and the triangle grills on either side red, like the flag. I will post a photoshop of my idea in a sec.

Mattybass

• Archived User
My Canada-themed Xbox
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2006, 08:00:00 AM »

sorry for double post, sort of a new thought. Here is my current plan.

IPB Image

Do you think i should leave the top and bottom tiny triangles white? To go with the flag? Or red too?

Also with Xerc, I want to get the modders edition or whatever, the top one on sickmods. It is sold out, but when it isn't which one do i need? What do toggle ports and chaser ports mean? I just want to use it for the jewel and if I can use it to make the controller ports flash, that'd be sick. smile.gif

alexpb1

• Archived User
My Canada-themed Xbox
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »

dude what happend to your window  ohmy.gif

Mattybass

• Archived User
My Canada-themed Xbox
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2006, 09:22:00 AM »

oh, nothing happened. I had to polygonal lasso it to make this rough picture so it kind of got flat edges. I haven't changed the window at all since biggrin.gif

Mattybass

• Archived User
My Canada-themed Xbox
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mattybass @ Mar 11 2006, 09:29 AM) View Post

oh, nothing happened. I had to polygonal lasso it to make this rough picture so it kind of got flat edges. I haven't changed the window at all since biggrin.gif

i should add that's not really paint. that's just a photoshop. The reason it looks like paint on the triangles is i lowered it opacity in photoshop to look more realistic  tongue.gif

I am currently bondo-ing the controller port numbers and MS logo on the bottom left. I have done 3 thin layers successfully and i added a 4th, medium thickness layer, and pushed it in good so that when i sand it there aren't any air pockets or anything. I am also gonna sand off the disc and dolby signs above ports 3 and 4, pics should be up soon

jbmartin87

• Archived User
My Canada-themed Xbox
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »

Hey. I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader... and I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dogsled...
and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I'm certain they're really, really nice.

I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, NOT American. and I pronouce it ABOUT, NOT A BOOT.

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I believe in peace keeping, NOT policing.
DIVERSITY, NOT assimilation, AND THAT THE BEAVER IS A TRULY PROUD AND NOBLE ANIMAL.
A TOQUE IS A HAT, A CHESTERFIELD IS A COUCH, AND IT IS PRONOUCED 'ZED' NOT 'ZEE', 'ZED'!

CANADA IS THE SECOND LARGEST LANDMASS! THE FIRST NATION OF HOCKEY!
AND THE BEST PART OF NORTH AMERICA!

MY NAME IS CHUCK!
AND I AM CANADIAN!

sorry had to get that off of my chest.. haha

lookin good.... ive been waitin for some one to do a canadian themed box
cant wait to see the final result

Good luck!!

Breakthrough

• Archived User
My Canada-themed Xbox
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2006, 02:05:00 PM »

Nice - we had a PA day here too (Ontario).  Good luck with the whole Canadian theme, we DO live in the greatest country in the world!  biggrin.gif
(except Amsterdam)

Mattybass

• Archived User
My Canada-themed Xbox
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2006, 02:07:00 PM »

ive seen a canadian themed xbox somewhere in the depths of ratemyxbox, but it wasn't that cool  tongue.gif  I'll make one that'll make canucks proud! By the way, thanks for the speach jbmartin87, that's my box's new motto. I should incorporate that somewhere,  biggrin.gif

I've finished the bondo, all though before i do paint it I'll have to do it a little more cuz the numbers seem a little soft and indented still. Could use another layer pressed in real good. Pictures probably tomorrow, I gotta go to work here pretty soon  mad.gif

Mattybass

• Archived User
My Canada-themed Xbox
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2006, 04:01:00 PM »

bump ^^

I promise I'll update this topic later today, gotta load the pics from my camera of what i did on the weekend.  smile.gif

Mattybass

• Archived User
My Canada-themed Xbox
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2006, 08:43:00 AM »

Alright, I REALLY do apologize for not updating it (and bumping it) But I got distracted and ran out of ideas and patience to do anything  the last few days. I was too lazy to put the pics up, but here theye are.

Pictures:

1) Bondoing the number holes and lower right MS logo in for a shaved look. I was sick of those things.

IPB Image

2)Another pic of that, sanded down now.

IPB Image

3) Second coating of 5. I thought four would be good but it sunk down a little. Even after a week, layer 5 is starting to sink a little and i don't know why. Anyway, paint will cover that up.

IPB Image

4)After I finished with all the layers, I primed it so the bondo wouldn't show so much and to get an idea of how it looks.

IPB Image

5)Putting the glass in

IPB Image

6)Finally put the window piece in, although it sucks. I am going to redo it later on. I was shaving it down so it would fit right in the cutout but decided it wouldn't work. It was sanded just so it would fit in the back. However, the hot glue gun was a b!tch so it got hot string crap on the window. That's why it so messy.

IPB Image

7)Closeup of half-assed window. Messy around the edges.

IPB Image

8)Part 1 of the softmod. I only need to get a compatible memory stick to format so that Xbox recognizes it. Only a list of USB memory sticks work. I also have Splinter Cell, which will exploit the gamesave.

IPB Image

9) Another shot of the bezel. Sorry it's out of order

IPB Image

Well thats about it for today, will get more done today because I HAVE NO HOMEWORK! Yay!

Mattybass

• Archived User
My Canada-themed Xbox
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »

Ok...

WHAT DO I DO TODAY??? I'm very bored and I want something to do. Any ideas??? Please???  ohmy.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3]