xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Stuttering In Amped 1 During Sponsor Races  (Read 550 times)

bucko

• Recovered User
Stuttering In Amped 1 During Sponsor Races
« on: October 17, 2013, 05:06:00 PM »

it sounds like you tried everything I was going to suggest, mainly at least clear caches. All I can say is

Did you try the same game on a friends xbox, does it do the same?

Try a spare IDE cable, I know it sounds crazy but my old one gave me no end of problems for ages until I replaced it.

Moraduke

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 01:18:00 AM »

So I just realized about an hour ago that I have an XBox 360 sitting in front of me that I haven't turned on for a couple months and also realized I can try Amped in there. Guess what?

Not only does it look gorgeous upscaled, but there's NO STUTTER in the Sponsor races.

I also ruled out my original XBox overheating since I have the fan speed in UnleashX's settings at the max setting (x5.0) and even had a small fan pointed towards the console. No change.

So now I'm frustrated since I know it's either the system or the hard drive. bucko, I'm assuming you mean the IDE cable that goes to the hard drive, right? I'll have to try that next. What sort of problems did your old IDE cable give you?

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 02:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Moraduke @ Oct 18 2013, 08:18 AM) View Post

So I just realized about an hour ago that I have an XBox 360 sitting in front of me that I haven't turned on for a couple months and also realized I can try Amped in there. Guess what?

Not only does it look gorgeous upscaled, but there's NO STUTTER in the Sponsor races.

I also ruled out my original XBox overheating since I have the fan speed in UnleashX's settings at the max setting (x5.0) and even had a small fan pointed towards the console. No change.

So now I'm frustrated since I know it's either the system or the hard drive. bucko, I'm assuming you mean the IDE cable that goes to the hard drive, right? I'll have to try that next. What sort of problems did your old IDE cable give you?

Yer I mean the cable, to the hard drive and DVD drive from the mobo..replace the entire thing. Also sounds like your drive maybe on the way out perhaps? Have you tried with a spare DVD drive? My DVD drive died as well, it halts after a certain amount of time.

Moraduke

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 11:10:00 AM »

After turning my house upside down yesterday, I found a brand new IDE cable! Opened my console up, cleaned the insides out, swapped out the IDE cables, triple-checked every connection, and tried a sponsor race again.

Still stuttering.

I even tried out Amped 2 (even though I prefer the original), and it doesn't stutter anywhere at all.

Maybe the cable is too slow? I have a 320GB Maxtor ATA/133 drive in there...could it be a mismatch?

I'm about to give up on it and just chalk it up to a weird, isolated incident.