xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Installing Software Without A Dvd  (Read 264 times)

shambles1980

• Recovered User
Installing Software Without A Dvd
« on: September 14, 2012, 05:36:00 PM »

games go to .
E:\games\game name
or
f:\games\game name

restart xbox after you do that.

dont use aid its old and full of errors.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 05:15:00 AM »

If they are legal backups you should have the original game discs and, if so, the simplest solution is just to use DVD2Xbox with those in the usual way.  

Whatever the problem is it isn't likely to to be anything inherently to do with SID or AID. If I remember correctly to install AID to a HDD you must burn it to disc first and then use the provided copy to HDD menu option. If you just try to transfer the files from the PC or even direct from the disc it won't work. The AID manual explains this if memory serves.

What's up with this  SID/AID hate here recently anyway? It can cause problems just like any other software but many of the requests for help here from newbie's seem to me to be because of the protection features of newer "better" software.

AZImmortal

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 12:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(fallenangle @ Sep 28 2012, 02:15 AM) View Post

What's up with this  SID/AID hate here recently anyway? It can cause problems just like any other software but many of the requests for help here from newbie's seem to me to be because of the protection features of newer "better" software.

It's not a recent thing.  This forum has always advocated against using SID/AID.  Like I mentioned in the other thread, this forum advocates the usage of the ndure softmods.  Even the moderators will tell you the same thing.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 06:58:00 AM »

I think this is the right thread to mention what was news to me and that is that one of the main sites that hosted all things AID/SID appears to be no more. I don't know when this happened but all the useful info, excellent manuals etc have now gone from there.

I've done a quick search or two it is available elsewhere and some of the manuals which were originally available as PDFs can also be found via archive web sites, minus the graphics., AID/SID downloads are still pretty easy to find too.

I'm sure that even though there are prefferred alternatives people will still be using AID/SID modded machines as long into the future as the Xbox itself survives.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 08:02:00 PM »

Update:-

Google as usual being unhelpful after more searching I have found everything is still available, including all the manuals in full either online or as downloads. It is only the AID/SID web site that used to and still does come up first in any search, for alphabetical reasons presumably, that is no more.