xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Issue With Chimp 2.6  (Read 267 times)

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Issue With Chimp 2.6
« on: August 21, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »

I recommend you use Chimp 2618 rather than any earlier version.

This thread might help and as I've posted before here: kodec's #28 post in this thread is an almost idiot proof instructional guide on how to use it.

http://forums.xbox-s...hp/t716433.html

I'm sure Idotsfan if he's about will be able to help too if you have any problems with it.

WuGgaRoO

• Archived User
Issue With Chimp 2.6
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 07:37:00 AM »

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I am using chimp 2618. The issue is that gentoox does run.. but it does not allow me to access the chimp program. The only options I have are "net boot" "web boot" and "advanced".. the only time there is something more is if I left the dvd drive in... and has a "dvd boot" option. sad.gif .. i have not attempted the lud iso.. but i tried using hexen and the xbox cant read it.. but im guessing there is a special way to burn a bootable iso (I am just using windows 7's native iso burner). I wish I could access chimp sad.gif

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Issue With Chimp 2.6
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 07:54:00 AM »

Linux is case sensitive. List the location and contents of linuxboot.cfg. List the location and contents of chimp2618 folder.

LUD is slightly newer. You need to burn the ISO at low speed (2x or 4x) and use DVD-R. Likewise for HeXEN

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Issue With Chimp 2.6
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 11:14:00 AM »

LUD Chimp2618 is what I've used successfully for cloning three HDDs for different Xboxes. The use of DVD-R media is probaby the most important thing.

The original Chimp2618 LUD DVD-R burned for me and new fresh copies I burned later using two different programs' default settings (ImgBurn and BurnAware) have had no issues with either the Thomson, Samsung or Hitachi Xbox DVD drives.

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Issue With Chimp 2.6
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 07:10:00 AM »

Do you have a KNOPPIX or knoppix folder or debian folder in E: ? Is there a linuxboot.cfg inside?

WuGgaRoO

• Archived User
Issue With Chimp 2.6
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 01:51:00 PM »

No I haven't had those installed...

I ran into another problem.. i may make a new post for this... i eneded up unlocking my harddrive (while messing around with chimp) ...thankfully i have the back up eeprom.. BUT I dont have access to ide drives... is there anyway I can use a custom eeprom to unlock in chimp? I have access to another xbox, but not a desktop

BASICALLY

Use the original EEPROM to lock the ORIGINAL harddrive using a SECOND xbox.. I notice there is an option in chimp to load an eeprom from "tmp"... how would i drop the desired eeprom into that section?