xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Backups Freeze And Nothing Helps  (Read 56 times)

1337ln

• Archived User
Backups Freeze And Nothing Helps
« on: August 26, 2007, 01:29:00 AM »

I have recently backed up Sonic Riders and Sonic Heros due to the increasing damage both those discs have been seeing lately. I haven't gotten any DDE's or freezes, but as a premptive measure I backed both of them up to Philips DVD+RW discs burned at 1x. I used the latest DVD2xbox to ripp the originals, ftp'd them to my pc and then mastered the ISO's with gdfimage (with wine, I use Debian GNU/Linux). I have used gdfimage to master ISO's with wine before with no problem. I burned both discs with the latest k3b, and while both originals boot fine, the backups aren't booting at all. I had made an attempt to get ahead in both games while using there respective evo x trainers, so I enabled IGR because someone on this forum suggested I do so along with TSR in my evo x settings. I then learned IGR might be preventing these games from booting and/or causing them to freeze. These aren't the first backups i have made using the dvd2xbox, wine + gdfimage, k3b, or even the medium. I have replicated these steps to make many successful backups but sonic riders freezes at the initial load screen and Sonic Heros doesn't boot at all. I have even checked my evox.ini file to make sure every instance of IGR = No has been set accordingly!

I know it isn't the game save because the original, though choppy, boots, loads, and plays fine!

I researched, fumbled around with, and checked everything possible. I have wiped my E:/CACHE folder and even checked X:/, Y:/, and Z:/.
I'd like to think I'm not a n00b to the original XBOX modding scene, just a returning old friend (first time I even heard of NDURE, back in my day we relied on good old Bert and Ernie! XD) As for backups, I am extremely anti-piracy due to my line of work, so I can't say I have backed up very many games (6 excluded these deffective ones)  but the few I have work flawlessly!

Very fustrated, any help is MUCH appriciated!

mtsaint

• Archived User
Backups Freeze And Nothing Helps
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »

it could be as simple as the media your burning some dvd drives do better with certain brands. my drive loves
sony and cheap cdroms but the discs with the purple ritek coating frag every time. do you have a fellow modder you can test your burn with? it sounds like you took alot of time and attention to detail while remastering your backups so ..if you have another type of disc try that.  whatever you do dont disc doktor the originals if there in that bad of shape ive seen discs come out looking smudged on the reflective side though they eventually got buffed down enough to be considered refurbished

i just thought of something try a different dash to boot from too i remember the some of my cd-rs wouldnt boot in unleah but evox and vice versa