xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My Xbox Won't Read Backups...  (Read 113 times)

1hotjob

• Archived User
My Xbox Won't Read Backups...
« on: April 22, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »

Do the originals run?

What are you using to rip the games?

blame canada

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 05:17:00 PM »

Are you using a good media type? And is it not just your dvd drive (some will only read DVD-rw's)? Also that you are loading the game AFTER your xbox loads the hacked dashboard (because DD errors usually only display like you described in the ms dash).

ferod

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 03:32:00 AM »

Meh, dude it's probably ur drive. I got a thompsons which refuses to play anythinggggg i put in it. But my friend said dvd+ can work on the thompson so i need to try...

ldlol

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 01:50:00 PM »

I'm using DVD-Rs and they work fine. I'll try to burn an emulator and see if it works.

But I noticed a lot of people have problems with Forza, which is why I asked... I'll try some more games to see if they work.

I'll open it up later to see if I have a Thompson... would that cause it to play some backups but not others? You would think all backups wouldn't work if it were my drive/media combo...

ldlol

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 10:12:00 PM »

Yep, my drive plays everything other than Forza. It plays the original fine.

ldlol

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 09:12:00 PM »

Doom 3 Collector's Edition won't work either...

dangf

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 01:34:00 PM »

if you are using good enough media then its burn speed generaly samsung drives can read discs burned at 1-8 and any media that is -
philips can read good - media that is between 1-4
thompsons are the worst dont burn over 1-2 and use top quality - media

I reccomend that you use something that has a good reputation in your country like maxell (UK) and burn at no more than 2.4

by the way dont open it you can judge by looking the dvd drive is just the semi-oval then tompson
semi-circle on the end of oval then philips semi circle with a few holes near front samsung

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 01:08:00 AM »

Which brand of media are you using?  Also you don't need to open up the XBOX, just eject the tray and compare it with the tray patterns that are posted around here.  As for write speed?  Sorry but I have had all of the different DVD-ROM drives in my XBOX at one point or another and all of my games were burned at 8x or 12x and work fine (burned on Taiyo Yuden media of course).