xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "just Cause" Harddrive Dirty Disc Error  (Read 197 times)

Hashmire420

• Archived User
"just Cause" Harddrive Dirty Disc Error
« on: October 08, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

I am using the latest tech release of xbmc.
My bios are somewhat up to date.
Ive copied the game using DVD2xbox.
It works fine from the disc.
(the game is "Just cause" incase you are inable to read the title)

Ok now on to what happens, When i first load up the game it does the little green loading bar for about on 8th of the way. Then it says your disc is dirty or damaged in several diffrent languages. Ive recopied the game twice and tried it with and without ACL patching. It always turns out this way.

So has anyone else had problems with this game loading off the harddrive?
It wouldnt be that much of a problem if i hadnt just turned my xbox into a mini and gotten rid of the internal dvd drive.

Thanks for any help.

Hashmire420

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 08:13:00 AM »

Just to keep anyone updated if they care, Its not just freezing at the loading screen.  
I cant remember doing anything diffrently, maybe i used that copyhaunters program last night.

robot2

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 04:02:00 PM »

why dont you try this

delete the modified default.xbe file that dvd2xbox makes and rename the original one back to default.xbe. On more than one occasion dvd2xbox screwed the game by patching the defaut.xbe. Most cases I had to ftp directly from the dvd drive, or if you need a hd copy first, use regular old file explorer. I no longer use dvd2xbox too many problems with it

Hashmire420

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »

I actually already tried that. But im pretty sure i figured out what the problem is and i am in the process of fixing it right now.  Im using my E drive for this copy because my fs full. And I have Halo2 on their too and i got it to just barely fit.  Im pretty sure that first loading screen attempts to copy the 1 gig files from the disc to E:\cache and thier isnt enough space left so im deleting halo, and a few movies I have on E.

Thanks though.

Hashmire420

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 05:27:00 PM »

Ok next update leaves me desperatly confused.  I got two gigs free on my E and it did the same thing so i thought id try a new approach, i deleted the two folders SFX and FMV which are sounds and movies.  That got my loading bar to about halfway and it froze.

Please if anyone has a working harddrive just cause tell me if you did anything special. Thank you.

Master Reefed

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 03:46:00 PM »

DVD2XBOX worked fine for me...
sounds like you have space problems....did dvd2 xbox say it was completely copied, no files failed to copy?

Hashmire420

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 04:41:00 PM »

Its odd. I have found what the problem is and i dont understand for the life of me how the hell it effects my xbox. So ill give you all the rundown.

The file that causes the problem is called justcause.cpd from inside the sfx folder.
I searched that in google and found this

http://forums.eidosgames.com/archive/index.php/t-62470.html

Which basically says that the same exact error happens in the pc demo.  What the file does is link all the sound files together and gives the ability for your soundcard to decode them.  
Their fix was to use a program that updates your openal dlls to the most current.  

Now i want to know if xbmc uses openal.

And Master Reefed which dashboard are you using?

I dont understand how this is possible.  What im thinking is xbmc somehow sets up all the audio and in the process leaves some support for openal which the game then attempts to use, but of course xbmc is using slightly oudated dlls or something.

Master Reefed

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 06:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hashmire420 @ Oct 11 2006, 11:48 PM) *

And Master Reefed which dashboard are you using?

I

unleasx

dangf

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 11:20:00 AM »

Hi
 what dvd drive do you have some new games won't back up correctly using thompson or phillips, but all of them work on a samsung drive. I have tried some new games with a samsung drive and they work perfectly, but with phillips they don't. I have 2 different xboxes

Hope this helps

dangf

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 09:54:00 AM »

check in the "archieve" file xbox0.arc - xbox4.arc might be missing.

Hashmire420

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »

No all the archives are their and are the correct size. Im just giving up on this one and selling the disc to eb. Too bad, i liked jumping from plane to plane.

This topic can be closed.

fuCt..

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 12:01:00 AM »

i used dvd2xboxthe newest release w/the new skin havent had a problem yet,about half way thru,enable log writing then recopy it.check the log file to see....if u use unleashx then use the built game ripper under system misc...i have a 250 gig samsung hdd,xbmc and unleashx as dashes...

GrizzlyStartec

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 05:05:00 AM »

Ok i was just searching at google also for the Dirty Disk error. I still have my xbox original etc so i own also the game Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. Since i bought the game in the shop it came, i dint knew what it was cause i thought it would go away and start the game. Thats why i still have the game, couldn't trade it tho. But now i still play it often when IT WORKS. It would be cool if you found the awnser to this to resolve!

Just wanted to tell ya that it also occur with the original cd of the game;)

mike96sc2

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 09:15:00 PM »

Same error here. I'm gonna grab the newest dvd2xbox even tho I think I've got it.