xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "unknown" Games  (Read 120 times)

.:Dino:.

• Archived User
"unknown" Games
« on: May 05, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »

make sure you burn to dvd-r and not dvd+r. Also make sure your burning as an image compilation, and not just dropping a iso onto the disc

mr_abz

• Archived User
"unknown" Games
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 11:13:00 AM »

Try using Quix by avalaunch

chorizo1

• Archived User
"unknown" Games
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 12:16:00 PM »

use ImageBurn to burn the iso also.

Neilor

• Archived User
"unknown" Games
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 02:07:00 PM »

Have you tried looking at the disk contents with UnleashX's filemanager... do the contents match the HD folder... default.xbe etc....?

If your not able to browse the disc using the filemanager (which would be weird, cuz UX usually reports Empty rather than unknown if it can't read the disc) then it is most likely the media or burner... try a DVD sampler back... some sites offer these with 10 discs of different brands... I haven't used imgburn yet but on dvddecryptor your able to force the burn to 1x ... this might help.

Violent-K

• Archived User
"unknown" Games
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »

I'm trying to figure out why everyone's still trying to help him even though he's disrespectful, and ungrateful.

lordvader129

• Archived User
"unknown" Games
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 03:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bakb0ne @ May 5 2006, 12:53 PM) View Post

OMFG... did you even read the post...

everything you just posted is blatenly obvious that i have done...

Verbatim DVD-R 8x (Advanced AZ0)) SO IT CANT BE BURNING TO DVD+R CAN IT...

many peopel come here saying they burned to -R when it was actually +R (they dont realize there is a difference) Dinos question was valid

QUOTE(Bakb0ne @ May 5 2006, 12:53 PM) View Post

Im using IMGBURN... WHICH IS LIKE DVD DECRYPTER (which can only burn image to disk, not put the actual iso as a file on the dvd)

ok, not everyone knows thats how IMGBurn works, and they cant be exected to download, install and test a program just to see if your procedure is correct, so again, the suggestion was valid

QUOTE(Bakb0ne @ May 5 2006, 01:33 PM) View Post

I think you mean Qwix, which is what i am using... (another one who doesnt read the post properly)

http://www.teamavalaunch.com/

he may have suggested you use qwix WITH avalaunch to FTP and create the ISO at the same time, from the sound of your first post (which i did in fact read) it seems like you might be using your internet browser to FTP, which is not a good idea, it could very well be corrupting files

Any more usefull suggestions...

yeah, try to be nicer to people who are taking the time to try to help you

jameswalter

• Archived User
"unknown" Games
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 08:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bakb0ne @ May 5 2006, 07:00 PM) View Post

As for peoples answers being valid... that may be, but i said in the main post that I was using

Verbatim DVD-R Advanced AZ0 8x Certified DVD's...

And then someone posts... make sure you are using DVD-R's nor +R's..

Thats the reason i made sure i mensioned what media i was using, the stop questions like that...

The main point is that you have a samsung, which when a DVD+R is burned without the DVD-ROM booktype....will show "Unknown" exactly like you said....quit being a dick....99% of the time that is the problem.

lordvader129

• Archived User
"unknown" Games
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bakb0ne @ May 6 2006, 10:09 AM) View Post

Ok, so if i switch to DVD+R.. how do i change booktype

Note: i know that in dvd decrypter you can goto TOOLS, then DRIVE, then CHANGE BOOK TYPE... but my writer isnt in the selections... is there another way...

it depenmds on your burner, some dont allow you change booktype, some can with a hacked firmware, some use the dvd-rom booktype automatically and dont need any changes

Neilor

• Archived User
"unknown" Games
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 02:29:00 PM »

Have you tried looking at the disk contents with UnleashX's filemanager
Were you able to try this?

makaveli91

• Archived User
"unknown" Games
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 07:09:00 PM »

I get this when trying to put movie and game iso's on certain brands of discs.  I've found that changing the media helps.  And, for some reason, I'd try burning onto 8X verbatums with the "unknown" problem, and after by chance trying a 4X it worked.  So..  I'd try different media.

Bakb0ne

• Archived User
"unknown" Games
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 07:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(makaveli91 @ May 7 2006, 02:16 AM) View Post

I get this when trying to put movie and game iso's on certain brands of discs.  I've found that changing the media helps.  And, for some reason, I'd try burning onto 8X verbatums with the "unknown" problem, and after by chance trying a 4X it worked.  So..  I'd try different media.

ok. what media do you suggest... im going to goto pcworld later today... might buy a 25x spindle of some other dvd's

please specify make, speed and type (dvd-+r)