xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "black" Game Backup Dirty Disc Error  (Read 133 times)

seymore

• Archived User
"black" Game Backup Dirty Disc Error
« on: April 04, 2006, 11:03:00 PM »

I backed up "Black" onto my Xbox, when I try to play the backup All I get is a dirty disc error...but I can play my Original disc no Problem...any Ideas as to why I am getting this error...I have deleted the backup, and re-done it 2 times and same thing...the disc is brand new not a scratch on it?

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 11:14:00 PM »

are you using latest version of DVD2XBOX?

seymore

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 11:30:00 PM »

I think so version 0.7.3...

Edit: nope there is a newer version...I'll give it a whirl and post my outcome! Thanx!

This post has been edited by seymore: Apr 5 2006, 06:42 AM

seymore

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 01:53:00 AM »

Ok, I updated, DVD2Xbox, deleted "Black" and re-copied to the HDD again...I still get a dirty disc error when trying to play my backup from the HDD; But I can play the retail disc no problem from my xbox.  I also cleared the Cache, and deleted the gamesave for it and still no dice...anyone else having this problem or know if this game is copyright protected?

War_Machine

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »

think it makes a difference if its pal or ntsc?

i backed up the ntsc version to dvd with no problems at all.. it runs perfectly.

maybe this is different for pal? or maybe just for when you play from hd?

Scorch

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 10:08:00 AM »

no, I have mine backed up to my hd and play it right from there.
Mine is ntsc with a mod chip. My dash is evox, you could try to use a different dash.
I used dvd2xbox 7.4.

seymore

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »

My (NTSC) Xbox is modded with the Xecuter 3 chip, and it didnt matter which dash I used(I have 3 installed)or app and eventually I figured out my problem...My dvd rom in my Xbox v1.0 is the Thompson piece of garbage...

When I was backing up the game, the DVD rom would stop reading the disc in the middle of the backup, but it would say zero files failed and all files copied, but when I went into the backup folder on my HDD half the files were listed as 0 in size, then I noticed that there was about a gig missing from the game...so I had to back it up manually 1 folder at a time using File manager, refreshing the DVD rom in between, then process the ACL with DVD2Xbox...works great now!