xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cdr's  (Read 37 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Cdr's
« on: August 09, 2002, 10:19:00 AM »

I hear you... tahnkfully, I get DVD-R/RW's for US$1.20 each or less.

I combo my games, 4-6 per disc.

As it stands I've only got about 6 CD-RWs at the moment, and it pains me to price them at Best Buy. Ugh.

Unfortunately, CD-Rs are pretty much unusable in the Xbox. Very few can even read them, and of those, it's usually a pretty big hassle.

Your alternative, of course, is to add a PC DVD drive to replace the internal one. This can be tricky too, as you need to have the CORRECT drive (the one I tried, for example, didn't work at all). then you can read CD-Rs all day long.

Shadow_Mx

• Archived User
Cdr's
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2002, 07:32:00 PM »

Princo Media works flawlessly for me
I have succesfully tried
Princo CDr 74/80 min
Princo CDRW 74/80 min
Princo DVDr
Princo DVDRW
they all worked on my xbox (music and dvds tho, no chip yet)

DaStinger

• Archived User
Cdr's
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2002, 07:39:00 PM »

That sounds great. Although until I started reading these forums I had never heard of that brand and have never seen it in any local stores. Just wondering what DVD-Rom your XBoX has? Mine has the Thompson. And in anyones opinion what is the better DVD-Rom for burning/playing iso's?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Cdr's
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2002, 07:46:00 PM »

Princos are bountiful out there... that's the brand of my $1.20 DVD-Rs and RWs.

As for the price of burners out there... I understand they are less than $250 now (got mine for $274 delivered a month or two ago).

CD-RWs are pretty expensive, at least at the local "Brick and Mortars" - and the cheapest have pitiful specs (4x and 650mb). That's why I'm grateful for the DVD-RWs.

Shadow_Mx

• Archived User
Cdr's
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2002, 07:58:00 PM »

I get my princo cdrw (80min 10x) for $1.2 usd  or less.
the princo cdr for like 20 cents or so

look for it, sometimes it might be unbranded, but you can buy one, check the brand with Nero's CD Speed (extra tools>overburning>brand)

good lukc finding those.