xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Games That Crash  (Read 36 times)

opjose

• Archived User
Games That Crash
« on: August 08, 2002, 12:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (kingkornkarn @ Aug 8 2002, 04:25 PM)
Does anyone else have problems with these games?  I've tried Princo, SONY, and RiData DVD-RW.  Games with scripted events tend to crash on me, sooner or later.  Silent Hill 2 stutters (video) when streaming off the disc.  I think my DVD drive still has problems reading the discs (even after pot tweaking) as well or close to as well as it reads originals.  Sports games and others work fine, though.

No problems on Princo DVD-R

XanTium

• Archived User
Games That Crash
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2002, 04:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (kingkornkarn @ Aug 8 2002, 09:50 PM)
OK. I don't  have any Princo DVD-R, but I have some Ritek DVD-R.  I'll try that in the meantime.  I'm curious to see which performs better, DVD-RW or DVD-R.  Only one way to find out.

you are the guy that makes backup directly with recordnow.
I gonna install recordnow asap and see how it works.

Maybe you could try to make a xbox iso (with xISO) and burn with PrimoDVD or Nero.

opjose

• Archived User
Games That Crash
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2002, 06:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (XanTium @ Aug 8 2002, 10:30 PM)
QUOTE (kingkornkarn @ Aug 8 2002, 09:50 PM)
OK. I don't  have any Princo DVD-R, but I have some Ritek DVD-R.  I'll try that in the meantime.  I'm curious to see which performs better, DVD-RW or DVD-R.  Only one way to find out.

you are the guy that makes backup directly with recordnow.
I gonna install recordnow asap and see how it works.

Maybe you could try to make a xbox iso (with xISO) and burn with PrimoDVD or Nero.

I've had better results with STOMP than with any of the XIso makers.

For instance, XMame was unplayable when I first created an XISO and burned it. Yeah it booted up, and yeah it read the roms, but almost all of them would not work.

Conversely burning with RecordNow resulted in them all working (except the few larger than available RAM).

kingkornkarn

• Archived User
Games That Crash
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2002, 11:55:00 PM »

OK, it's not the discs, my XBOX is just being tempermental.  I the same tried Princo DVD-RW with Outlaw Golf/BloodWake/ All-Star Baseball and O. Golf loaded virtually as fast as the original.  

I did the pot tweak and afterwards left the screw un secured in case I had to do anymore tweaking.  It has been a concern of mine since then that the screw could move slightly over time (laser assembly does a lot of moving).  My problem last night could be the result.  Everything is working fine now, except I'm sure BloodWake still ocks up.

pCeSlAyEr

• Archived User
Games That Crash
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2002, 02:14:00 AM »

one quick thing...... you don't need to pot tweak your xbox if you use DVD-RW, that just messes up shit...... the pot tweak is if your usind DVD-R and u just want it to read a lil better........ no need to fuk up shit for discs that are pretty damn close to being original...

ima a putz... that is only if you don't have the phillips drive in your xbox.... if u do have the drive... go right ahead..