xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Component Cable Problem  (Read 994 times)

zixxy

• Archived User
Component Cable Problem
« on: August 30, 2015, 07:13:00 AM »

OK, so now I've tried to restore my Xbox to the clean state with no softmod. I've erased all my HDD data and filled C drive with the clean 5960 MS Dash. Booted up Xbox - everything works as it should be. I plug my component - screen goes apeshit. I even tried to set the PAL60 mode off, but it won't help. So it's probably the hardware failure.

zixxy

• Archived User
Component Cable Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 08:52:00 AM »

OK, I finally has found what's messing with the video signal. I've tested the AV port with continuity tester and found that Y signal is messed with it's ground. Now I just need to find the place where they are mixing.

T2Steve

• Archived User
Component Cable Problem
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 10:24:00 AM »

if you google search xbox A/V output you should find where the various points are pointed to. if it really is dropping to ground you could re-wire it manually....

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Component Cable Problem
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 05:17:00 PM »

There should be no problem using a PAL machine in native PAL mode or region swapped to NTSC using Enigimah with Component cables unless the monitor/TV doesn't support the resolution ie. 480p/720p/1080i. Most monitors and some TVs don't support any interlaced resolutions except 1080i and that means if you're using a PAL or NTSC region console outputting 480i/60Hz (NTSC/PAL60) or 576i/50Hz (PAL50) you'll get a blank or garbled screen.

zixxy

• Archived User
Component Cable Problem
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 12:51:00 AM »

The problem is definitely not in the TV, my LCD supports PAL/NTSC YPbPr at any res from 240p to 1080p, interlaced or progressive. This is absolutely the Y signal accidently soldered or touching the ground in connector. That's why I see some out of sync interference on CRT, it whacks the sync with the ground interference.

T2Steve

• Archived User
Component Cable Problem
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 10:01:00 AM »

good luck with that

zixxy

• Archived User
Component Cable Problem
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 05:11:00 AM »

Ground check on the Y pin was wrong and it all was my shitty digital multimeter.

T2Steve

• Archived User
Component Cable Problem
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 05:02:00 AM »

that is an impressive catch... I'd be interested to see if any other xboxen are missing c5a5. maybe it was pulled from some revisions in order to reduce costs??? (yay for saving less than a penny?)

zixxy

• Archived User
Component Cable Problem
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 02:47:00 PM »

Defect, mistake. Call it as you want. Thee are too much automatization in the PCB manufacturing.