xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Trying To Make My Own Video Skin  (Read 513 times)

Statik2426

• Archived User
Trying To Make My Own Video Skin
« on: December 28, 2004, 01:09:00 AM »

I am trying to create my own videoskin but everytime I click on "convert files" I get an error message:

"Windows Media 8 Encoder Utility has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Can anyone help me with this?

Perhaps I can just replace the .xmv of an existing video skin with the video I want to use. Will this work?  :huh:  The video is currently in .avi format, I'll need to convert it so .xmv... I just don't know how.

Thanks to anyone who will be able to help.  :beer:

This post has been edited by Statik2426: Dec 28 2004, 09:11 AM

camael

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »

I can't even get video skin creator to work become I have windows media player 9 encoder not the 8 encoder so it looks for wm8eutil.exe and crashes cause it can't be found.

Statik2426

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 05:05:00 PM »

Yeah I had that problem too. I downloaded wm8eutil.exe so that the video skin creator could run, but now I ran into this new problem having to do with Windows Media 8 Encoder Utility.

I really wanna make some nice video skins to share with everyone, but I guess I can't.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 11:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Statik2426 @ Dec 29 2004, 11:05 AM)
I really wanna make some nice video skins to share with everyone, but I guess I can't.

Of course you can just try making it by hand instead of using the program do a little searching and reading and its easy