xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 81

Author Topic: Unleashx Skins  (Read 23179 times)

dragonforce99

• Archived User
Unleashx Skins
« on: December 30, 2003, 09:04:00 AM »

I guess I am not gonna do any more UX Skins...

Mine:
mine

"His"
"his"

Dunny

• Archived User
Unleashx Skins
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 10:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (dragonforce99 @ Dec 30 2003, 07:04 PM)

Mine:
mine

"His"
"his"

yeah I noticed that too.  dry.gif

lotw

• Archived User
Unleashx Skins
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 10:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (dragonforce99 @ Dec 30 2003, 07:04 PM)

Mine:
mine

"His"
"his"

Ya, that does suck hard.  I didn't even notice it at first that it wasn't your skin.  Everytime I see one of those I always think it is yours.

crobar

• Archived User
Unleashx Skins
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 12:40:00 PM »

i noticed the same...thats mad cheap...
i was gonna make a rude comment on  the skins he made.
those should be taken off axs... its clearly a rip and he didnt even do a good job.

dragonforce99

• Archived User
Unleashx Skins
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 02:11:00 PM »

Appreciate the support guys! Thanks alot!

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Unleashx Skins
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 04:07:00 PM »

then there is always hydraulix's Original Skin

and this dupe too , just so you know your not alone in the world, dragonforce99.

I stared at each and every one of them for quite a while before posting them, judging the differences for both yours and hydraulix's.  

At first I wasnt going to post, but then thought either one of three things would happen.  

1.  Neither of you would mind that someone couldn't think or design for themselves and used your awesome skins as a template.  

or

2. they would get flamed in the comments well enough to ward off future use of others designs while calling it their own and not giving credit.

or

3.  You would ask us to remove them... at which time we will.  Its obvious where they came from.

hydraulix

• Archived User
Unleashx Skins
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2003, 04:19:00 PM »

it seems to be an ongoing trend, this skin ripping thing...

i know it sounds crazy, but try creating something from a blank/white canvas..... its probably a giant leap for you,

you never know, it may actually come out looking cool. you would definatly get a little more respect as well.

augusta

• Archived User
Unleashx Skins
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2003, 05:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (koldfuzion @ Dec 31 2003, 01:07 AM)

and this dupe too , just so you know your not alone in the world, dragonforce99.

I stared at each and every one of them for quite a while before posting them, judging the differences for both yours and hydraulix's.  

At first I wasnt going to post, but then thought either one of three things would happen.  

1.  Neither of you would mind that someone couldn't think or design for themselves and used your awesome skins as a template.  

or

2. they would get flamed in the comments well enough to ward off future use of others designs while calling it their own and not giving credit.

or

3.  You would ask us to remove them... at which time we will.  Its obvious where they came from.

i didnt copy him, i just used his locations on where the info on the edges is you idiot

morpheous1777

• Archived User
Unleashx Skins
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2003, 09:40:00 PM »

I was just woundering if any of you skinners out there could make a quick skin for me, It doesnt have to be all flashy or have nice graphics (a plain background would be alright with me) basiclly I want a skin with ALL the possible info you could put on it (like DVDTitle, C_free, etc..), I know its ALLOT of info to put on a dash, but i like being able to see everything, I tried making one of my own, but I suck at skinning

dragonforce99

• Archived User
Unleashx Skins
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2003, 09:51:00 PM »

Have you checked out this skin:

System9v2

It does have tons of infos.

dragonforce99

• Archived User
Unleashx Skins
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2003, 09:55:00 PM »

I guess I should be flattered by now because here we go again...

Yet another one

I think there is a saying in Japan that only the best things are worth copying/ripping off - and that the original creator should be honored, still kind of bothers me as I  tried to give credit where credit is due ( I did use another XML for quite some time but alwas gave credit to the original XML creator ).

morpheous1777

• Archived User
Unleashx Skins
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2003, 09:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (dragonforce99 @ Dec 31 2003, 12:51 AM)
Have you checked out this skin:

System9v2

It does have tons of infos.

Actually thats the skin I am currently using (its pretty good), but I want to have allot more info available, I know im picky, lol  smile.gif

And I tottally agree, If you are gonna use someone's stuff/ideas then you need to at least give them credit

dragonforce99

• Archived User
Unleashx Skins
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2003, 12:47:00 AM »

UXADMIN:

I tried to pack as many Variables into one skin as possible - there are also 3 variables for Soundtrack, Songname & Time - which you cannot see in these screenshots because I do not have any soundtracks on my box.

BUT most importantly is the following:

Credits:

Original XML file hydraulix
Fonts created by hydraulix

Background: dragonforce99
Edited XML: dragonforce99

Big thanx to hydraulix for his System9 Skin the original XML from him made
creating this skin alot easier and faster!

I bascially used his original background as a template to make this my own
background ( wallpaper from somewhere on the net, sorry don't know who
the original artist is ) and edit the XML so that it will display as many
Variables as possible on one screen.

Screenshots:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Download: here

I will NOT submit this skin to AXS because the original Layout & XML was done by hydraulix and not me.

ravage73

• Archived User
Unleashx Skins
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2003, 01:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (augusta @ Dec 30 2003, 10:46 PM)
QUOTE (koldfuzion @ Dec 31 2003, 01:07 AM)

1.  Neither of you would mind that someone couldn't think or design for themselves and used your awesome skins as a template.   

or

or

3.  You would ask us to remove them... at which time we will.  Its obvious where they came from.

i didnt copy him, i just used his locations on where the info on the edges is you idiot

your not too bright are you??

hydraulix

• Archived User
Unleashx Skins
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2003, 01:46:00 AM »

dragonforce99, that is ....... badass!!

i got the day off tomorrow so maybe i can squeeze another one out as well. nice work brother.
you actually SHOULD post it to AXS, everyone knows your work is original and it would be a shame to not see that puppy on AXS.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 81