xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Update Unleashx  (Read 370 times)

donaldjboyer

• Archived User
Can't Update Unleashx
« on: April 24, 2012, 03:59:00 AM »

Hi all,

I have installed unleashx using ndure. I want to update it as I think I have a rather old version? (0.38.0515A)

It is set to DHCP and picks up an IP fom my router that is within the correct DHCP pool but when I try to update (settings -> update -> check now) I get "HTTP error Unable to retrieve file: HTTP STTUS 100060"

And when I try to setup static IP and DNS etc, I can change the numbers but when I press OK it reverts back to the old value.

How do I fix this network setup so I can update?? It's weird as I can FTP into my xbox.

Thanks,

Donald.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Can't Update Unleashx
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 04:59:00 AM »

It's not a network issue - update doesn't work. You have to do it manually, using FTP.

Where you put the new version depends on which softmod installer you used. (NDURE is an exploit, not the name of the softmod installer).

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Apr 24 2012, 12:12 PM

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Can't Update Unleashx
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 07:44:00 AM »

May I suggest you don't update to the final (?) version UnleashX ie. version 584?

The Game Save Manager in all versions has some issues but v.584 adds a rather significant new problem. If you can find version 572 that, IMHO, is a better one to use but only if you need the Game Save Manager to be fully functional.

I have looked at the version history and used both myself and there seems precious little difference between them otherwise. Maybe there is some unique feature of v.584 I've overlooked so if in doubt you can pretty easily install one as your main dash and the other as an app. Having alternative dashes as apps is always potentially useful.

To be honest the MS dash is notably superior to any hacked dash for simple Xbox game save management.

This post has been edited by fallenangle: Apr 24 2012, 02:50 PM