xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Light Gun And Unleashx  (Read 264 times)

flexfulton

• Archived User
Light Gun And Unleashx
« on: October 04, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »

Hey guys.  I have a quick question that someone will hopefully be able to answer.

I've been running UnleashX as my dash for my arcade system.  I love it as it's clean and simple to use.

I recently bought a light gun and whenever I plug the gun in with UnleashX loaded, the media player opens.  Does anyone else have this problem of UnleashX seeing light guns as a media device?  Does anyone know how to correct this so I can leave my gun plugged in at all times?

Cheers,
Flex.

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Light Gun And Unleashx
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »

Sounds like the white button on the gun is stuck in.

flexfulton

• Archived User
Light Gun And Unleashx
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 06:14:00 AM »

Gun doesn't have a white button from what I can see but what you say appears correct.  Who knows what's going on then.  Maybe the gun manufacture set white to always be activated though I can't see what that would prove.  This is the gun I have.  Bought at a pawn shop for 5 bucks the other day.  Likely why it was at the pawn shop.  Ah well, it was worth a shot and it still works.  Just can't have it plugged in during dashboard time.

IPB Image

Thanks.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
Light Gun And Unleashx
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 09:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(flexfulton @ Oct 5 2011, 01:14 PM) View Post

Gun doesn't have a white button from what I can see but what you say appears correct.  Who knows what's going on then.  Maybe the gun manufacture set white to always be activated though I can't see what that would prove.  This is the gun I have.  Bought at a pawn shop for 5 bucks the other day.  Likely why it was at the pawn shop.  Ah well, it was worth a shot and it still works.  Just can't have it plugged in during dashboard time.

IPB Image

Thanks.

does it have a auto reload function? try turning it off..

flexfulton

• Archived User
Light Gun And Unleashx
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 09:36:00 AM »

Yes it has a switch.  Normal, Auto Reload and Auto Fire.

Typically the switch is in Normal mode.  I was thinking about it today though and I'll try the other switch positions when I get home.  Maybe the switch is faulty or maybe it needs to be in another position.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers.

flexfulton

• Archived User
Light Gun And Unleashx
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 04:47:00 PM »

The Autofire switch did nothing.

It appears that if I hold the "B" button (there are 2 on the device) the media player goes away as long as I am holding it and the media device returns once I let go of B.