xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unleashx Update Help  (Read 299 times)

maxpol

• Archived User
Unleashx Update Help
« on: June 17, 2011, 04:12:00 PM »

Hey Guys, so I've downloaded the unleashx update to the latest version, on drive E, I've put in the default.xbe file from the new update folder and renamed it to evox.xbe. Now everytime I boot my xbox, I get the Xbox Linux Cromwell 2.40 and I cant use the controller. Is there anyway to get back to unleashX?

Thanks

Heimdall

• Archived User
Unleashx Update Help
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 04:21:00 PM »

How is your Xbox modded?

Can you boot a rescue / boot disc?

maxpol

• Archived User
Unleashx Update Help
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jun 17 2011, 02:21 PM) *

How is your Xbox modded?

Can you boot a rescue / boot disc?

That's a good question, its actually not my xbox, its my friends and he had this done a long time ago and he asked me to update it for him. It was a software mod, thats for sure. I can try to boot a rescue disk but I don't know where to find them. It does boot into XDSL linux but I cant use the controller for some reason. Some help would be muchly appreciated.

This post has been edited by maxpol: Jun 17 2011, 11:29 PM

Heimdall

• Archived User
Unleashx Update Help
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 04:52:00 PM »

There's no need to quote the immediately previous post.

Changing files on a box before you know how it is modded is a really bad idea, and if it's a software mod it isn't likely to boot Cromwell.

Try a different controller, preferably a genuine Microsoft one.

As for boot discs, try Resctoox. Burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower.

Alternatively, Google "Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc", burn it to DVD-R, and try that.

maxpol

• Archived User
Unleashx Update Help
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 11:35:00 PM »

Sorry, just used to doing that on forums smile.gif But I have modded xbox's before but I haven't seen this structure before the way it was done here. I've got Frosty's recovery disk and renamed the files back to where they were and it all worked well and back to normal. Thanks for the suggestion of a recovery disk.

P.S. Sorry for the quotes...