xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Need Help To Replace Unleashx With Ms Dashboard  (Read 465 times)

ZippoYaris

• Archived User
Need Help To Replace Unleashx With Ms Dashboard
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 01:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jun 8 2011, 02:55 PM) *

The iso is 486.3 MB (509,935,616 bytes). You burn it to DVD-R because that's the most universally readable disc format across all of the Xbox DVD drives. It will work from a CD, but only if your Xbox DVD drive will read burned CDs properly - and many don't.

Will a DVD+R work? I finally got the download and burned image on a DVD+R. I can't try it yet because I am waiting for my USB card reader to come in the mail....and other things. biggrin.gif

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 07:04:00 AM »

Almost certainly not. DVD-R is always recommended because it works universally, whereas most other formats don't.

Also, you can get the worst possible circumstance, where a DVD+R reads initially, but then halfway through an installation the Xbox refuses to read it - and you're left with a part modded Xbox that may not boot.

JohnnyHunng

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 09:47:00 AM »

wrong thread

This post has been edited by JohnnyHunng: Nov 21 2011, 05:48 PM

ZippoYaris

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 02:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Nov 21 2011, 06:04 AM) *

Almost certainly not. DVD-R is always recommended because it works universally, whereas most other formats don't.

Also, you can get the worst possible circumstance, where a DVD+R reads initially, but then halfway through an installation the Xbox refuses to read it - and you're left with a part modded Xbox that may not boot.

Thanks Heimdall, I will buy some DVD-Rs soon then. I am glad you replied and let me know. I am totally clueless when it comes to DVD technology. I had no idea how critical it was.

I am glad I am waiting for other stuff and haven't tried doing much to the Xbox yet.

Like the Terminator said: "I'll Be Back!" biggrin.gif

jaroc

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »

If you already have CD-R's its worth trying it, my drive (phillips) reads my CD-R's (also phillips) flawlessly.

And I know you're happy how your Xbox is now but you'd be a lot happier if you had XBMC as your main dash. You can stream media from your PC, or play it straight from the hard drive, and there is a very good script called Navi-X where you can stream all sorts of Television shows, Movies, Sports, etc. I swear it's like having Netflix for free. There is also no problems putting the fan to whatever speed you want, and more precise speeds. Unleash X does 1-10x with increments of .5, whereas XBMC allows you to set it anywhere from 1-100%

At least install XBMC as an app and check it out.

This post has been edited by jaroc: Nov 26 2011, 12:32 AM

ZippoYaris

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(jaroc @ Nov 25 2011, 03:30 PM) View Post

If you already have CD-R's its worth trying it, my drive (phillips) reads my CD-R's (also phillips) flawlessly.

And I know you're happy how your Xbox is now but you'd be a lot happier if you had XBMC as your main dash. You can stream media from your PC, or play it straight from the hard drive, and there is a very good script called Navi-X where you can stream all sorts of Television shows, Movies, Sports, etc. I swear it's like having Netflix for free. There is also no problems putting the fan to whatever speed you want, and more precise speeds. Unleash X does 1-10x with increments of .5, whereas XBMC allows you to set it anywhere from 1-100%

At least install XBMC as an app and check it out.

Thanks Jaroc! I finally bought a 25 pack of DVD-Rs. I am good to go! I just have to configure my old computer now and use Xboxhdm 1.9. I think I set it up correctly according to the guide. I used Ndure 3.1 also to create the ISO disc. With luck I should be okay...lol smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2]